Mango Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

To create our Mango Passionfruit herbal tea, we’ve taken fruity herbs such as rosehips, orange peel, hibiscus and lemongrass, and combined them with the naturally sweet flavor of mango and the tropical flavor of passionfruit. The result is a colorful and aromatic blend that brews up a bright red-orange in the cup with the distinct, exotic flavor of fresh mangos and passionfruits. It is delicious hot or iced and naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Had a nice bright yuellow cup of this today, my last day as the receptionist. Yay!

KeenTeaThyme

And congrats! :) What’s the new position?

Jessie

Congratulations! It’s good to hear receptionist days can come to an end.

Tea

Congrats!

Too tired after work to fuss with loose leaves tonight, so this is the first bagged herbal I grabbed out of my tea chest. Cringed a little when I saw “licorice powder” in the ingredients, but surprise! it’s hiding behind the nice fruit flavor. This one’s worth repeating. I’ll have to go paw through my collection to see if there are any extra bags lurking around.

I know I said I was done with herbal blends, but I got this in a sampler from KeenTeaThyme, and decided to give it a go anyway. My previous experiences with Stash have been good, after all.

It smells very tart and citrusy, plus some other fruity scent that reminds me of hibiscus. The flavor does remind me of mango, but there’s just so much else going on. I mean, it’s pleasant, and there is something sweet in it that’s close to passionfruit. But mostly, this just tastes like an orangey Celestial Seasonings Zinger.

I agree with others that it gets better as it cools. Not sure why, but it’s true.

You know, with a bit less steeping some of the fruit flavour does come out a bit more, and if I concentrate it actually is sort of mango-y. Still a pretty ‘Meh’ tea with too much hibiscus in it.

Steep Information:

Flavor: Tart, fruity, Not sweet
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: tart
Liquor: translucent red-orange

I had this tea this morning in my mom’s office.

I didn’t taste mango at all, I tasted tart passionfruit.

I didn’t really like it, but it wasn’t bad enough to make me want to not finish it. I think it would have been better with some sweetener.

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/11/stash-tea-company-teabag-herbal-tea.html

Herbal of the night. Lots of mango flavor, but the passionfruit seems to be missing. Sweet, fruity, juicy. Ah, the passionfruit comes out as the tea cools. Now it’s lots of passionfruit with the mango coming in at the end of the sip. As far as bagged teas go this one isn’t bad.

I love mango like I love peaches. So this tea was a “MUST TRY”. Preparing it like I do with all my herbal teas. I awaited for the smell of the contains in the pouch was pleasant. My first attempt to taste its revealing nectar the tea was still hot (stupid me). My actual first sip was greeted by mango. The mango flavor from the liquor was not strong or little, but inviting upon my pallet. It was completed with a bitter taste that left me puzzled. Was this the taste of the passion fruit? I waited some more to see if letting it cool would make a difference. This was better for you had the mango with a touch of passion fruit. I will say that this tea is not one to serve or drink when hot. Let it cool for a few minutes to enjoy its liquor.

This was delicious! I’ve always had a fondness for a fruity tea, and this one definitely had me impressed. I made sure that it was cooled down after seeing recommendations that you definitely wanted to wait, and was greeted by the pleasant taste of passionfruit. The mango was definitely understated in comparison, but this is definitely a tea that is staying on my shelf. Yummy!

I’m getting really boring, you can tell I only have 4 teas in my apartment.

Jillian

I can’t think of a better excuse to got nuts and buy more. ;)

This is actually pretty good, especially with a pinch of sweet added. It’s sweet & fruity, a little tart, but there isn’t so much hibiscus in it that my mouth puckers.
It does kind of remind me of bayer orange flavored children aspirins, from when I was a kid.

On a side note, my grapes are starting to ripen, one grape at a time. I planted these grapes a few years ago, & according to the package, they were seedless red.
They aren’t.
They are something along the lines of a concord…big hunk of pulp in the middle, touch skin, & 2 – 3 large seeds. Not my favorite kind of grape, due to texture, however, they are tasty.

Stephanie

Bummer on the grapes. Might make good jam :)

Terri HarpLady

Oh well, we’ll still eat them, or maybe I’ll put them all in a barrel & climb in barefoot to stomp ;)

mj

I have always wanted to stomp grapes! It seem like it would be so much fun :)

Terri HarpLady

My original plan was to invite my 3 grand kids over to pick grapes, & make it a special occasion. Of course, that would require all the grapes to become ripe at the same time, or at least a few clusters of them.