Mango Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Fruity, Hibiscus, Licorice, Tart, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

To create our Mango Passionfruit herbal tea, we’ve taken fruity herbs such as rosehips, orange peel, hibiscus and lemongrass, and combined them with the naturally sweet flavor of mango and the tropical flavor of passionfruit. The result is a colorful and aromatic blend that brews up a bright red-orange in the cup with the distinct, exotic flavor of fresh mangos and passionfruits. It is delicious hot or iced and naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I bought this tea because I hoped it was similar to Tazo’s Passion tea which is sometimes hard to get in my area. Although a sweetish tea, the flavour is still pretty weak after a 5 minute steep time. It doesn’t taste very similar to Tazo’a Passion tea either. Overall a pretty inoffensive tea, but there is nothing spectacular about it that would make me go out of my way to get it again.

Flavors: Mango

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 250 ML

Blegh. Another underwhelming fruit blend by Stash, ruined beyond hope of redemption by licorice. I only have one more fruit tea with this base blend to try. So far I’ve felt pretty much the same about all of them.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The company I work for is putting together the Christmas loot bags for our clients and tea is part of the bag. They had some left over and it’s how I got to score a handful of different Stash teas. I’ve been meaning to try Stash but at the same time didn’t feel like spending money on it because if I didn’t like them, now I’d have a whole box of it to drag around my cupboard.

This one’s ok. I used double the water this bag could take. I knew I wouldn’t want to get out of bed to resteep so I did double the quantity from the get go and I just left the bag inside seeing how it’s herbal.

It’s definitely convenient. I haven’t done bagged teas in so long I forgot now nice it is sometimes to not have all the accoutrements dragging around, cleaning them after and … stuff. It gets messy in the morning when one reaches over to snooze the 4.30 am alarm and knocks over the kettle or the infuser with the spent leaves. Now there’s nothing but a mug! And yes, it’s not too bad. I don’t feel like I’ve sacrificed my evening tea pleasuring (heh) for the sake of convenience.

(But something in this tea makes me sleepy. I should have gone for caffeine.)

We all “cheat” with the bagged stuff :P

I know I do!

This is actually pretty good, especially with a pinch of sweet added. It’s sweet & fruity, a little tart, but there isn’t so much hibiscus in it that my mouth puckers.
It does kind of remind me of bayer orange flavored children aspirins, from when I was a kid.

On a side note, my grapes are starting to ripen, one grape at a time. I planted these grapes a few years ago, & according to the package, they were seedless red.
They aren’t.
They are something along the lines of a concord…big hunk of pulp in the middle, touch skin, & 2 – 3 large seeds. Not my favorite kind of grape, due to texture, however, they are tasty.

Bummer on the grapes. Might make good jam :)

Terri HarpLady

Oh well, we’ll still eat them, or maybe I’ll put them all in a barrel & climb in barefoot to stomp ;)

I have always wanted to stomp grapes! It seem like it would be so much fun :)

Terri HarpLady

My original plan was to invite my 3 grand kids over to pick grapes, & make it a special occasion. Of course, that would require all the grapes to become ripe at the same time, or at least a few clusters of them.

I’m not usually a fan of fruity herbal teas, and I can’t say this will be joining my routine drinking rotation, but I wanted something relaxing and, well, fruity, this evening and this served well. It was enjoyable, but nothing I was blown away by.

The breakfast place across the street from work makes decent breakfast sandwiches. Inanely, their breakfast special makes it cheaper to get a sandwich and coffee than just a sandwich. Thankfully, they let me sub out tea for coffee.

This is my current favorite breakfast special tea. The flavor is creamy and dead-on for its name. As the brew cools, the flavor turns to more of a generic stone fruit – peach or maybe apricot. Still enjoyable, just different. I can’t quite get over how creamy this one is. It’s like the herbal tea version of a smoothie. Nom nom nom.

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

1 bag + 8oz of water brewed regularly and then placed in the frig to cool

Even though this has licorice in the ingredients list, this isn’t bad! It’s not nearly as good as Davidstea Pink Passionfruit but it was drinkable without adding sweetener. Not something I’d probably buy though.

This is the first tea I sampled from the Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box. I figured I’d like it iced better than hot since it’s a fruit tea. It was ok, but it’s not something I’d really go for. I’m just not a big enough mango fan to really like this.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m normally a black tea drinker but someone at work gave me a bag of this after I gave her onr of the double bergamot earl grey.

It was just ok for me. I didn’t really taste mango which is too bad because I love mangoes. I think I prefer flavoured rooibos teas to other herbal blends.

Not the best mango tea I’ve ever had but still nice. It has a lovely fragrance and color. The taste isn’t overly sweet and there is no bitterness. The fruit flavor is more of an aftertaste then a full flavor. Despite other people’s comments, I prefer this tea hot. It seems a little sour to me when it cools. However, I would drink this again.