Licorice Spice

Herbal Tea
Anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Licorice Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Licorice
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Oh sweet sweet licorice, how I adore thee!! when I'm not well that is. Wow. I think I need to buy me some more of this one. It's amazing!! I love it. I'm getting a whole whack of licorice up...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1308 tasting notes
  • “My first encounter with this tea had me expecting a strong anise flavor as that is what most people would expect upon seeing the word licorice. It was a happy surprise to find that the dominate...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 58 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea today at a friend's house. It was true to it's name and delivered a strong licorice flavor with tones of cinnamon, orange peel, clove and other spices. I enjoy licorice on...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “I made a cup of black dragon pearls to bring to work with me, and promptly left it on the counter at home. I have no energy this morning - I slept sitting up because of my acid reflux and still...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 276 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For our unique Licorice Spice tea we combine the finest licorice root from Europe, cinnamon from Sri Lanka, star anise from China, orange peel from the U.S. and sarsaparilla from South America. The result is a delicious dessert-like tea, good anytime, but especially enjoyable in the evening, as it’s caffeine free.

Licorice Spice is an exclusive blend for Stash Tea. It is both sweet and spicy with the distinct yet subtle flavor of black licorice. Our Master Blender ensures that each handcrafted batch is perfect. Special care goes into the purchase of the herbs and spices which we buy from all over the world for this unique blend.

Bulk Tea: Cinnamon, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Star Anise, Nat flavor of Vanilla, Sarsaparilla, Orange Oil, Natural flavor of Cinnamon, Natural flavor of Clove, Natural flavor of Cardamom

Tea Bag: Licorice Root, Cinnamon, Orange Peel, Chinese Star Anise, Natural flavor of Vanilla, Sarsaparilla, Orange Oil, Natural flavor of Cinnamon, Clove bud oil, Cardamom oil.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I was taken aback that this tea had a lower rating. I realize licorice isn’t for everyone, so perhaps that is the problem.

This is perhaps my favorite tea. It has a strong and spicy flavor. Besides the obvious licorice there is also hints of orange, cinnamon, and cardomom. Terrific for unwinding at the end of the day.

Not a big fan of licorice. The licorice taste was subtle, you can smell the different spices. the star anise stood out to me the most. I could tell that this could be better iced or served cold. Overall It wasn’t bad but it’s not one I’d restock on.

perfect way to start the day

Usually licorice isn’t for me. But this tea surprised me. It immediately reminded me of Yogi’s Aztec Sweet Chili, which I love. Looking at the ingredients, they are pretty much the same, except this one has sarsparilla and the other has pepper. I think the flavor works. It’s a silky licorice flavor, not as strong as a licorice candy, so maybe that is why I like it.

This kept me alive this summer when the bitter cold swept through our field station. (Temperature, not sickness…) It reminded me of the Aveda comforting tea that I make when I’m at home, and I had a particular affinity for this one in the dining hall (our cook noticed and made sure to get some more for me). Memories of this tea are particularly vivid, as I had some after a panic attack. Tasty, pretty strong, and sweet. Impressive bagged tea.

Boiling

This is one of my favourite teas. It is smooth, a bit on the creamy side, and a very relaxing tea.

Call me weird, but I actually really like the sugary aftertaste of this. It’s pretty good stuff, but I feel like it needs something…not sure what…

My sister slipped me a bag or two of this tea. Reason is simple, “If you like licorice then you will like this.” Ah, a challenge to the tea lover. Here reason was that it was something different and wanted to know what I thought of it. At the end she later gave me the rest because . . . that is right she did not like it.

Me on the other hand did my sensory (like at work for Nestle). The scent was of licorice (well what expect from a strong plant in smell and taste?). Noticing the the liqour held the typical color that the black tea gives. A sip (the first initial taste test) it did not matter what else was on the label as ingredients, because you are exposed to the flavorful discharge of licorice from the liquor. This might be to much for a person who does not care about licorice, but for me it was welcomed with another cup.

I will suggest this as in the catalog as nothing more as a dessert tea. A tea to be served after dinner alone or accompanied by some shortbread cookies (one of my favorite cookies for tea time). It is not a tea that I will drink all the time though.

I wonder if my teeth turned black like from eating black licorice? LOL

Growing up, I remember drinking this tisane at the helm of the family’s sailboat as the rain poured down. It is bold and unapologetically licoricey, though perhaps a bit to unapologetic. Which is why it doesn’t get a higher score. It is so heavily laden with licorice, that the natural sugars tend to bind to the tongue, leaving the palette stained for quite some time. However, it is a fantastic beginning tisane, especially if one is trying to get away from adding sweeteners. It is a battleship of a tisane, when perhaps a small frigate could do the job better. Yogi knocks this ball out of the park with their “Egyptian Licorice” tisane.

Boiling 8 min or more

The whole “Licorice” spice set me side from ever drinking this. But since i started using this site I thought that i would give it a go, try new things. Come to sip it, it ant that bad not the best but not bad. I love the vanilla aroma it gives off and the hint of orange peel. Mmmm. But again i dunno if i really love it, its an amazing tea but i can still take the licorice and it makes me hate it still. Al thought i give it a 50, id drink it again.

Boiling 8 min or more 25 tsp 2 OZ / 50 ML