Licorice Spice

Herbal Tea
Anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Licorice Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Licorice, Orange
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Oh sweet sweet licorice, how I adore thee!! when I’m not well that is. Wow. I think I need to buy me some more of this one. It’s amazing!! I love it. I’m getting a whole whack...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1483 tasting notes
  • “My first encounter with this tea had me expecting a strong anise flavor as that is what most people would expect upon seeing the word licorice. It was a happy surprise to find that the dominate...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 59 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea today at a friend’s house. It was true to it’s name and delivered a strong licorice flavor with tones of cinnamon, orange peel, clove and other spices. I enjoy licorice...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “I made a cup of black dragon pearls to bring to work with me, and promptly left it on the counter at home. I have no energy this morning – I slept sitting up because of my acid reflux and...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 330 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For our unique Licorice Spice tea we combine the finest licorice root from Europe, cinnamon from Sri Lanka, star anise from China, orange peel from the U.S. and sarsaparilla from South America. The result is a delicious dessert-like tea, good anytime, but especially enjoyable in the evening, as it’s caffeine free.

Licorice Spice is an exclusive blend for Stash Tea. It is both sweet and spicy with the distinct yet subtle flavor of black licorice. Our Master Blender ensures that each handcrafted batch is perfect. Special care goes into the purchase of the herbs and spices which we buy from all over the world for this unique blend.

Bulk Tea: Cinnamon, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Star Anise, Nat flavor of Vanilla, Sarsaparilla, Orange Oil, Natural flavor of Cinnamon, Natural flavor of Clove, Natural flavor of Cardamom

Tea Bag: Licorice Root, Cinnamon, Orange Peel, Chinese Star Anise, Natural flavor of Vanilla, Sarsaparilla, Orange Oil, Natural flavor of Cinnamon, Clove bud oil, Cardamom oil.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Seeing as I’m drinking my first cup right now I probably shouldn’t be writing a review yet but lets just go with it! First reaction?

I bought this hoping it would help with this cold I’m getting. So far its really soothing to my throat, and maybe its just a placebo thing, but i feel like its helping with my congestion. The taste however I’m not a fan of. The sweetness lingers and reminds me of stevia or any of those other artificial sweeteners that I find just taste horrible. I’m a tea newbie (got into tea like 6 months ago) so I have nothing to compare it to but if all licorice teas are this sweet I don’t think I’m a fan :s But it seems to be doing the job so I’m sure I’ll be able to work through this box… eventually.

This tea has more of a cinnamon flavor to it than anything. That said, this is definitely one of my favorite blends — it has just the right amount of sweetness, and all of the flavors work together beautifully. Plus, the smell coming from the package is just wonderful.

6 OZ / 189 ML

The whole “Licorice” spice set me side from ever drinking this. But since i started using this site I thought that i would give it a go, try new things. Come to sip it, it ant that bad not the best but not bad. I love the vanilla aroma it gives off and the hint of orange peel. Mmmm. But again i dunno if i really love it, its an amazing tea but i can still take the licorice and it makes me hate it still. Al thought i give it a 50, id drink it again.

Boiling 8 min or more 25 tsp 2 OZ / 50 ML

My favorite tea. I don’t kow why it receives so much flack. It starts of with a mild tang, then bursts into a sweet aftertaste that is absolutely wonderful.

I find the flavors don’t come out as much until you wait for it to cool off a bit. Possibly just personal preference though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Licorice, Orange

Wow , is this ever sweet! Delicious! I love the spicy kick to it too. Definitely a good tea to have when you’re craving something sweet.

Flavors: Licorice

I have not been having good experiences with new teas lately. Oh gosh this one was awful. It tasted like medicine :( Bleech. Even the smell is off-putting. Oh well, down the drain we go.

I had no business brewing anotha cuppa—I should be asleep!—but I could not resist comparing Stash Licorice Spice to Teapigs Liquorice and Peppermint. Turned out to be another apples and oranges scenario—so not really a steep-off.

Full disclosure: Licorice Spice is a tea of which I have consumed hundreds of bags. I also sent 100 bag boxes to my sister when she needed some moral support with her dieting. Let’s face it licorice is an able dessert surrogate. That’s because licorice root is one of the sweetest natural substances there is.

As promised, this blend combines yummy licorice with … spices! In just the right proportions. It’s so satisfying that a cup easily serves as a dessert surrogate. Don’t believe me? Try it! If you’re really hungry, brew two cups!

Back to the steep-off (not), there is no mint in this blend. Nor is there any ginger (as in the Harney & Sons Licorice Ginger blend). I should add that I believe that Stash does have a Licorice Mint, though I haven’t had any in quite some time. Now that would make a great steep-off with Teapigs Liquorice & MInt! Well, except that it would be a filter bag vs. sachet steep off, clearly favoring the latter.

Or not. Stash Licorice Spice tastes very good to me, despite being in a filter bag. Perhaps it is true that herbal infusions are less fussy than are caffeinated teas. Or perhaps it just does not matter whether one uses chunks of licorice or fannings. Indeed, the smaller the particles, the greater the surface area to volume ratio, which would lead one (me!) to expect an increase in the intensity of the flavor.

Flavors: Licorice

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

My favourite grocery-store bought tea! Naturally sweet and delicious at any temperature.

I like licorice and licorice tea in general, but this is too heavy in other things. The aftertaste is the mix of the vanilla, orange peel and too many spices. Blah. I’m not keen on this and it seems to be polarizing.

I absolutely love this tea!! I could drink it allll day! The sweet after-taste is so good and I find it good to drink before bed or if I’ve got a sore throat. I haven’t been able to find it except in a sampler pack of teas, I’m on a mad hunt!