Double Bergamot Earl Grey

Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Floral, Spices, Vanilla, Alcohol, Anise, Astringent, Campfire, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Decayed wood, Earl Grey, Eucalyptus, Pine, Sambuca, Vodka
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “So I had this one yesterday and it tasted off. I tried again today in a different (and smaller cup). It is still not that good. Tastes a bit like alcohol, a bit acidic, very flat. I think the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 838 tasting notes
  • “Another one that Wombatgirl sent me. Is it just me or does everything smell vaguely of cinnamon or cloves? I took a clean cup, and since this is bagged it can’t...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1317 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to Naylynn and Brandon! I’m loving the Double Bergamot tea that you sent! I could just sit here all day and smell it. It’s even better when I actually drink it! Considering...” Read full tasting note
    carol-who 437 tasting notes
  • “Wow! This is really strong. The first cup I made was in 6 oz of water and was completely overwhelmed by the bergamot. Second attempt was in 8 oz and mellowed it a bit and made it somewhat more...” Read full tasting note
    TimmyA9433 16 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For many years, Stash Earl Grey Tea has been a favorite of tea lovers. Many people seem to love the careful balance of citrusy oil of bergamot and the blend of fine black teas which our Earl Grey blend is famous for. Certain Earl Grey fanatics have grown especially fond of the top grade Calabrian oil of bergamot that we use and have asked for more, ..More,… MORE! Thus Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey was born.

This is a great late afternoon or early evening tea. It goes very well with shortbread and cream scones. And for a uniquely appealing cold beverage, try Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea on ice.

Ingredients: blended black teas, bergamot extract
Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

I was a bit wary of this one— double bergamot? Wouldn’t that increase the likelihood that the tea will taste like floral soap?

But no! It’s creamy, smooth, and delightful! This bagged EG is better than any loose EG I’ve had. Honestly. I can taste notes of vanilla, fresh cream, flowers, citrus, and a hint of spice. This is simply amazing.

I found my new go-to EG for sure.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Floral, Spices, Vanilla

I wrote in my tea journal last night after tasting this and was not incredibly impressed. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE earl grey and bergamot oil even more so! To the moon and back. I, however, wound up giving it a 2.5/5 (which is not awful, but not great). I found the bergamot overwhelmed the black tea and the only aroma I could sense through the oil was harsh citrus – almost alcoholic. When infused I found the flavour to be weak and underdeveloped. I would honestly drink this again – for the value and the fact that I really love bergamot – but would not present to guests at a tasting.

Flavors: Alcohol, Anise, Astringent, Bergamot, Campfire, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Decayed wood, Earl Grey, Eucalyptus, Pine, Sambuca, Vodka

This tea rocks my world. It takes my favorite thing about Earl Grey, and dials it up. It’s the best tea I’ve ever had. The flavor is perfectly balanced to me, and it doesn’t get bitter, even when I steep for too long.

Flavors: Bergamot

This is most certainly extra bergamot-y. My only complaint here is that you really don’t taste the black tea at all. I was hoping this would be like a more bergamot-y version of Bigelow’s earl grey…which seemed to have more actual tea taste to it last time I had it. Oh well. This will make an excellent latte :)

Flavors: Bergamot

I made Earl Grey Lattes or London Fog drinks this afternoon for Lance while I was sipping an Oolong.
I sipped a bit of his and it was So Good I couldn’t believe it so I had to make one for myself when I finished my Oolong.
I actually used this Double Bergamot EG blended with some Manistee Moonrise (an older version) from Whispering Pines as my Tea and frothed up some sweetened Vanilla milk to pour in it.
I enjoy an EG London Fog Latte often because they are yummy but this one was the best I ever had.
Very creamy and smooth, the EG and Manistee blend is hard to describe but I mix EG with Manistee Moonrise often and I love it, they compliment each other nicely IMO.
Anyways this drink is pretty good, I’d recommend anybody to give it a shot.

I already indulged in like 3 cups of it cuz Damn its yummy, No more for me today tho :)

This really isn’t that great. It’s just not that tasty. If you like the chemically earl greys, go right ahead.

If you’re looking for a rough as nails, plain tea, then this is your bet.

Oddly, it leaves a film on my teeth and I really tired after drinking it.

I know the thought of this tea will make the “Blergamot Crew” run for the hills, but I like it. Of course, I’m a fan of all things citrus. I feel sort of yucky and this one was calling out to me, so there it is.

ifjuly

one of the first staple teas i drank all the time as a teen! aw.

mj

Better you than me! * shudder *

Cheri

I like a lot of citrus flavors, but I have never been an earl grey fan. It just doesn’t appeal to me. Not quite sure why.

This is my go-to tea when I’m having a stressful morning at work. There is something sublimely comforting about the aroma of bergamot at my desk. I drink it with honey and milk and keep the cup on a mug warmer.

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 15 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

What a lot of bergamot. (Just go ahead and pronounce “bergamot” as though it has a hard “t” on the end…)

gmathis

What you got, did it hit the spot…or perhaps not? (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

Spencer

Truly this tea did, and in my drawer I hid…some bags for a future bid.

Sipdown (197/199)!

This finishes off the last of the one teabag samples from Kat_Maria! Another easy sipdown! I was bracing myself for horrible unbearable strong Bergamot, but it was actually quite tasty/palatable with only the faintest bit of astringency. I mean – it was bold/strong, but in a nice way.

I’d drink it again, but wouldn’t buy it for myself because I know I’m not a huge EG fan.

oh.my.god. DOUBLE BLERGAMOT! ewwwwwwwwwwwww