Double Bergamot Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “So I had this one yesterday and it tasted off. I tried again today in a different (and smaller cup). It is still not that good. Tastes a bit like alcohol, a bit acidic, very flat. I think the...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “Another one that *Wombatgirl* sent me. Is it just me or does everything smell vaguely of cinnamon or cloves? I took a clean cup, and since this is bagged it can't be from the pot either. Fact...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1192 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to Naylynn and Brandon! I'm loving the Double Bergamot tea that you sent! I could just sit here all day and smell it. It's even better when I actually drink it! Considering that a few...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 127 tasting notes
  • “Wow! This is really strong. The first cup I made was in 6 oz of water and was completely overwhelmed by the bergamot. Second attempt was in 8 oz and mellowed it a bit and made it somewhat more...” Read full tasting note
    TimmyA9433 14 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For many years, Stash Earl Grey Tea has been a favorite of tea lovers. Many people seem to love the careful balance of citrusy oil of bergamot and the blend of fine black teas which our Earl Grey blend is famous for. Certain Earl Grey fanatics have grown especially fond of the top grade Calabrian oil of bergamot that we use and have asked for more, ..More,… MORE! Thus Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey was born.

This is a great late afternoon or early evening tea. It goes very well with shortbread and cream scones. And for a uniquely appealing cold beverage, try Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea on ice.

Ingredients: blended black teas, bergamot extract
Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

Sipdown (197/199)!

This finishes off the last of the one teabag samples from Kat_Maria! Another easy sipdown! I was bracing myself for horrible unbearable strong Bergamot, but it was actually quite tasty/palatable with only the faintest bit of astringency. I mean – it was bold/strong, but in a nice way.

I’d drink it again, but wouldn’t buy it for myself because I know I’m not a huge EG fan.

oh.my.god. DOUBLE BLERGAMOT! ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Courtney

Double berg. Shudder.

Kat_Maria

Haha, I’m glad you didn’t hate it :D

Earl Grey can be very hit and miss for me. The bergamot can sometimes be wonderful, aond sometimes leave me wanting, or not quite hitting the spot. Sometimes it does both at the same time.

All told, this isn’t a bad blend for it. The stronger bergamot really comes through and does so well, but it’s not offputtingly overpowering at all. Just… a strong sense of citrus, slightly bitter and acidic, especially without any sweetness added to balance that out. (But not in a bad sense, or very much compared to other teas I’ve had.)

I’d be interested to see what this tastes like made as a London Fog. I think it could make for an interesting one!

I have a thing for bergamot oil, and I have only had earl grey in tea bag form, and this has been my favorite of many brands tried. I find the smell to be so therapeutic, and I love that it is never bitter. I prefer it w/out additions, but have also tried adding a drop or two of vanilla extract to sweeten it a bit, which is also enjoyable.

Does anyone have a loose leaf earl grey they would recommend for me to try out?

For the true Earl Grey lovers. I did not love this at first, but the second time, I’ve come to like it. It really gives you a hit of Earl Grey on those rainy days when you need it! I say this as someone who doesn’t steep Earl Greys very long, but there is something quite nice about this one.

I use this to make iced tea in the summer.

This is my everyday tea. I’ve sampled Early Grey from many different suppliers over the years but was never quite satisfied with the usual proportions of bergamot. Stash’s Double Bergamot Earl Grey has it just about perfect for my tastes. In fact, I love the tea so much, I keep the paper envelopes around for a little “aromatherapy” even and especially when I’m not drinking tea. Yum!

Definitely my favourite easily available bagged tea. I love the bergamot flavour, and Stash definitely brings it home with this one. Fantastic everyday tea.

It smells absolutely fantastic, but by and large it’s just another Earl Grey. The flavour isn’t much different than Stash’s standard Earl Grey, but when when you brew it there’s the added benefit of making your immediate surroundings smell wonderful.

A solid Earl Grey for when I’m in an Earl Grey mood (which isn’t always.) I like the extra bergamot because I like my teas strong and distinct from each other.