Super Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Mz Spicey

• “I can't recall ever having an Irish Breakfast tea before. In my mind I had visions of Colin Ferrell swooping in (wearing only a cape) and bringing me breakfast in bed. Not so much, but it was...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes
  • “Feeling exhausted by a mediocre existence, I looked for something to help me rise above. Super Irish Breakfast, with its intensely dark liqueur and honeyed scent, seemed just the thing. The...” Read full tasting note
    afitting 60 tasting notes
  • “a good breakfast tea, this time with some creamer, but the more i drink this tea the more it reminds me of generic orange pekoe. tastes good, but i kinda wish it were a little more unique.” Read full tasting note
    coral23 93 tasting notes
  • “I very much enjoyed this tea. Nice and strong for the morning hours. Plus how could you go wrong with a tea that has the word 'super' in the title?” Read full tasting note
    redrum602 4 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

The ‘espresso’ of tea, this robust blend of rich Assams, Ceylons and other premium black teas is an excellent morning cup.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I can’t recall ever having an Irish Breakfast tea before. In my mind I had visions of Colin Ferrell swooping in (wearing only a cape) and bringing me breakfast in bed. Not so much, but it was still a pleasant tea – more like Sir Michael Gambon (in a suit) sitting down for a pleasant chat.

It has a nice “umph” to it and I’m putting it on the short list of tea bags I’d like to keep on hand for occassional cups. To keep the quasi-movie-themed tasting note going: “That’ll do tea, that’ll do.” NE

Stephanie

lol! At the image of Colin Ferrell! :)

Rabs

I feel kinda bad that I didn’t say more about the tea, but I really have a weak base-knowledge of black teas and didn’t know how to describe it. “It’s black tea-ish” wouldn’t help me remember this one (or help anyone else out for that matter). But once the image popped in my mind and I couldn’t help myself. ;)

Feeling exhausted by a mediocre existence, I looked for something to help me rise above. Super Irish Breakfast, with its intensely dark liqueur and honeyed scent, seemed just the thing. The flavor is light and with a hint of acidity. So is my mood: I feel more awake now, but I have to get to work.

rabbysmom

Have you ever had Twining’s IB? It’s one of my favorites and I wonder how the Sash is in comparison.

coral23

no, i haven’t had a chance to have any twinings tea yet. stash is a good staple, just not very inspiring.

I very much enjoyed this tea. Nice and strong for the morning hours. Plus how could you go wrong with a tea that has the word ‘super’ in the title?

Irish Breakfast, strong; / call it Super, yet it seems — / so Superfluous

kaypendragon

Tea Haiku! I love it!

Love this Assam/Ceylon blend. Stash did a good job with this tea. If you’re looking for a wake up call or an early morning kick in the junk, this is the tea which can provide. Very deep and malty. I only steep it for two minutes the first infusion and five minutes on the second. The Ceylon character is deeper in the second infusion. Lovely!

Found it to be less strong than their usual Irish breakfast. My usual tsp of sugar overpowered the flavor.

Decided to revisit this after a long hiatus. No real reason for the hiatus – just took a break. This is probably in my top 10 of Stash Bagged Teas. I really like it.

I drink a lot of Irish Breakfast tea. My great-grandmother used to serve it to me hot, milky, and sweet. She drank hers with a cream Irish whiskey. This version of Irish Breakfast is okay. It has the strong, slightly bitter, bold taste, but not enough of the smoothness of other Irish Breakfasts. Works quite fine if you drink it hot, milky, and sweet, but alone, it’s just an okay tea.

This is a nice, full bodied tea with enough flavor to support milk and sugar, at a very reasonable price. While not intricate, the flavor is typical of other breakfast teas, with a hint of sweetness that makes it appealing.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML