English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “I'm such a dork. Had this in the morning and it tasted good today when my previous review was not too favorable. I'm pretty sure that my tea reviews might match my emotional state/hormones on...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure how old this is, it's been sitting in my mother's cupboard for an unknown length of time so the quality might not be up to par. Still it's a pleasent, smooth tea that's easy to drink...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1586 tasting notes
  • “English Breakfast is absolutely one of my favourite teas. STASH makes a lovely English Breakfast. It is mild, with almost no aroma, while still possessing considerable flavour. As it is a black...” Read full tasting note
    Shizuka-NIX 9 tasting notes
  • “Looking back, I'm surprised I hadn't reviewed this yet, especially since there always seems to be a handful of Stash around the house. No one particular feature or flavor stands out. It's good,...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1705 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

This old favorite is full-bodied and stimulating. Adding milk gives it a silky texture.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I’m such a dork. Had this in the morning and it tasted good today when my previous review was not too favorable. I’m pretty sure that my tea reviews might match my emotional state/hormones on that particular day, which is not surprising since I’m a female, LOL. It is what it is :)

Wiseman Tea Co.

I think its cool how there are so many teas that can reflect and even alter a state of mind.

I’m not sure how old this is, it’s been sitting in my mother’s cupboard for an unknown length of time so the quality might not be up to par. Still it’s a pleasent, smooth tea that’s easy to drink early in the morning.

One question, what exactly is supposed to be IN an English Breakfast tea? I’ve heard in various places that it’s supposed to be: pure Keemun, a blend of Ceylon and Assam, a blend of Ceylon, Assam and Darjeeling, pure Ceylon, the list goes on. So which one is the ‘true’ English Breakfast???

teafiend

I was thinking about that today when I had some of the Twinnings verison. They of course don’t include whats in it, only black tea.
After looking around, I think any blend of all the above is considered English Breakfast. But then what makes it English vrs. Irish? Tre confused, someone needs to answer this…

Kitch3ntools

so you got me looking and i found this silly website that kind of explains whats in “english breakfast” and alot more information than need be http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp?askid=22

threewhales

Thank you for the above link kitch3ntools!!! It was very informative:)

English Breakfast is absolutely one of my favourite teas.

STASH makes a lovely English Breakfast. It is mild, with almost no aroma, while still possessing considerable flavour. As it is a black tea, I added milk and sugar, which blend well, and yet seem to remain somehow distinct. This is a gentle tea that, in this instance, I enjoyed unaccompanied – which is to say, without food – but I imagine it would go well with a lighter meal or snack (anything too heavy would distract from the tea).

I enjoyed a second cup without milk, and the flavour is (naturally) more pronounced, with just the tiniest bit of bitterness. It’s still a tea that I can enjoy with only sugar, though.

Recommended for those who like a gentle tea that is still quite flavourful.

Amariel

I find hat since I moved here, I pretty regularly add milk and sugar to my black (or dark oolong and sometimes the rare rooibos I have) teas.

Looking back, I’m surprised I hadn’t reviewed this yet, especially since there always seems to be a handful of Stash around the house. No one particular feature or flavor stands out. It’s good, smooth hot leaf juice, and that’s not a bad assessment. Nice with milk.

i was being lazy and opted for one of my favorite bagged teas :) i like to steep this for a long time i kinda like leaving the bag in :) it never gets bitter on me! it was like seeing an old friend :D it was good but we will be parting our ways again for me to hang out with my loose leaf friends. this did a much better job at soothing my sore throat than the twinnings did. but i feel like im getting cheated when i drink bagged teas lol

Certainly not a strong tea but it does a job. Better than no tea I suppose!

LENA

better than no tea, I agree.

Good Morning, Chicagoland!
I must say, for a breakfast tea, this isn’t my favorite, but it’s delicious nonetheless with a touch of almond milk and stevia/sugar. It is certainly not an offensive tea!
Hopefully it gives me enough oomph to go get a palette pulled together so I can finally open the studio, three days late.

This is my go-to black tea when I’m overwhelmed by all the choices in the grocery store. I go through periods of drinking it every morning when I’m in a no-frills mood. The price is right, and the flavor is really good. It is strong and smooth with a little bit of a dry taste, but not bitter. I’m sure I’ve steeped it for way too long many times, too, and it never seems to taste off. It is nice with a little bit of milk/soy milk and sweetener, if you like.

A nice, simple black tea. A dash of milk to soften the edges.

Work day was canceled.
Snow day calls for some hot drinks.
Tea time all day long!