English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

This old favorite is full-bodied and stimulating. Adding milk gives it a silky texture.

About Stash Tea Company View company

When people tell me they “don’t like tea,” this is the tea I hold responsible. It’s pretty much every hot or iced tea you ever got at an Ihop or Sherri’s. Bitter, boring, only palatable doused with tons of milk and/or sugar, and unsatisfying. It’s also EVERYWHERE, so it’s probably the flavor that springs to mind when most people think “tea.” Which is sad, because if there wasn’t more out there, none of us would be tea lovers.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Work day was canceled.
Snow day calls for some hot drinks.
Tea time all day long!

I’m not sure why I don’t care for this tea very much. It tastes…thin to me. Not a whole lot of flavor honestly. It feels like I’m drinking lightly flavored hot water rather than a cuppa tea. It will certainly do in a pinch or to go with or after a heavy meal though. Other bagged black teas I’ve tried are much better.

Trying this for the first time. Good “just want some black tea” kind of tea. Nothing too stand-outish about it.

Simply delightful. A hearty cup of English black tea that spreads warmth throughout the entire body.

Meh. It is not as good as most bagged black teas. In fact, as far as English Breakfast tea goes, the only bagged teas I have found so far that are inferior to the Stash bags are Bigelow and the generic “store” brands. This tea brewed up too weak, and tasting stale, even though I bought a box with a current freshness date on it. Also, the thing I hate the most about it is that the strings always seem to pull loose from the staple in the bag! I guess my bottom line is that I would take this over some generic brand or a cup of Bigelow, but not much else. It’s better than nothing. But not a LOT better than nothing, mind you.

I’m drinking this in place of my usual coffee this morning, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I added a little cream and sweetener, and it’s quite lovely – very smooth and mild. It’s very flavorful, and not at all bitter. I like this one a lot.

This is one of my go-to bagged teas. I can brew it without having to think about it and it always comes out right…which is especially handy at work.

So very good with a huge dollop of honey. Soothes my throat and makes my chest feel better :)

Steep this with 4 spearmint mint leaves, awesomeness.

205 °F / 96 °C