Bergamot, Earl Grey, Earth, Tannin, Smooth, Lemon, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by fleurdelily

From Stash Tea Company

A Stash Tea best seller and long-time customer favorite! Earl Grey is black tea scented with bergamot, an oil extracted from a pear-shaped Mediterranean citrus about the size of an orange. Earl Grey brews up a beautiful amber cup with a distinctive flavor and lightly fragrant aroma.
Earl Grey is a versatile tea, at its best in the afternoon or after dinner. Delicious and flavorful plain, it may also be served with sugar and milk. Plus, it makes a wonderful, refreshing iced tea.
The tea leaves in Earl Grey are usually a blend of Chinese black or Indian Darjeeling teas. Stash uses superior grades of Ceylon black tea from Sri Lanka and black teas from China for our Earl Grey. We strive for a distinctive tea flavor that is not overwhelmed by the pungent citrus, and we use only 100% pure bergamot oil, not a mixture.
Story has it that in 1830 Englishman Charles Earl Grey (the second Earl Grey, 1764-1845) was on a diplomatic mission to China, when a mandarin presented him with the recipe for making this distinctive tea. Now it is the most famous scented tea in the Western world.

About Stash Tea Company View company

wasn’t really a big fan of earl grey tea, but lately it has become one of my favorite. what star trek character enjoyed a cup of earl grey tea, hot?

I got this through a gift exchange in my music fraternity (yay SAI!).
I’m on my second steep of the first bag. I can taste the bergamot more the second time around. When I first opened it, it had a curious smell that wasn’t like that of Fruit Loops, unlike all other earl greys I’ve tried. The black is different from any other black I have… earthy and dark, I think, of which I’m not as big a fan. Then again, I’m not well-versed in black, because it’s so strong. I’m interested in trying the double bergamot version for comparison.

This morning I added a little milk to my tea as it was steeping. I love the somewhat bitter taste of Earl Grey.

This earl grey is ok, but nothing special. The bergamont flavour is medium intensity but lessens with each re-steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Earth, Tannin

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Grabbed a box of this for work since I’m been through the majority of the grocery store tea section and I just keep being disappointed. I’m only going to be able to drink a limited number of cups of tea in my life and I can’t help but think of all the nice things in my cabinet at home that I’d rather be drinking.

I’ve had a lot of bagged stash tea in the past…actually just about all of it since I had at one purchased their “year of tea” so I was a little apprehensive about this since I remember not being fond of their earl gray.

This is surprisingly pleasant. The black tea isn’t very upfront but at least it isn’t bold in a bad way, and the bergamot is much better quality than most. I imagine they must have reformulated sometime in the last decade or that I’m thinking of their double earl gray which probably isn’t for people who don’t take milk or sugar. Ibe been wary of earl gray for awhile now since I’ve had so many bad ones, but now it looks like I should pick some loose leaf up.

This may be the best bagged Earl Grey tea I’ve ever tried! The bergamot flavor is bold without being overpowering and the black tea base is robust and super smooth. I almost always take Earl Grey with milk, but this one was lovely with nothing added: plenty of flavor, but no bitterness or astringency. I may have to pick some of this up when I finish off my Republic of Tea Earl Greyer, because I like this one even better and it’s about half the price!

Flavors: Bergamot, Smooth

rosebudmelissa

I like this one, too. I don’t think I’ve had many earl grey’s I don’t like, though.

Better than other bagged greys. I enjoy the light floral-ness of this bag

Flavors: Bergamot

The double bergamot was tastier. This was so-so, but it worked in a pinch

This is a nice Earl Grey. The bergamot is nicely enhanced by a lemony flavor.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon

Similar to previous reviewers, I would call this tea “not terrible.” Stash has a great reputation, and this earl grey – a standard earl grey – does not disappoint, but it is lacking a bit in flavor and robustness. Having said that, with a splash of honey and left to steep an extra couple of minutes, it’s nice after dinner.

Flavors: Bergamot, Vanilla