Edit tea info Last updated by fleurdelily

From Stash Tea Company

A Stash Tea best seller and long-time customer favorite! Earl Grey is black tea scented with bergamot, an oil extracted from a pear-shaped Mediterranean citrus about the size of an orange. Earl Grey brews up a beautiful amber cup with a distinctive flavor and lightly fragrant aroma.
Earl Grey is a versatile tea, at its best in the afternoon or after dinner. Delicious and flavorful plain, it may also be served with sugar and milk. Plus, it makes a wonderful, refreshing iced tea.
The tea leaves in Earl Grey are usually a blend of Chinese black or Indian Darjeeling teas. Stash uses superior grades of Ceylon black tea from Sri Lanka and black teas from China for our Earl Grey. We strive for a distinctive tea flavor that is not overwhelmed by the pungent citrus, and we use only 100% pure bergamot oil, not a mixture.
Story has it that in 1830 Englishman Charles Earl Grey (the second Earl Grey, 1764-1845) was on a diplomatic mission to China, when a mandarin presented him with the recipe for making this distinctive tea. Now it is the most famous scented tea in the Western world.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Drinking this now, one of my favorite teas. I add two teaspoons of sugar and some milk all the time. XD I started drinking this A LOT more since I started getting into watching Doctor Who this summer.

This has been a favorite for a while. Comes conveniently in teabags, and each bag gets 1 good steep, but will continue to add flavor to the water for 3 more steeps without ever getting tannic. Great for days when you don’t want the caffeine of new leaves but don’t want water-flavored water :)

205 °F / 96 °C

The black is good for CTC tea but the bergamot tastes fake and is generally not an appetizing aroma.

Pretty new to tea drinking. Have been hooked on Twinings earl grey though itself not a particularly excellent tea especially whats available here in the US (ive heard the twinings in the UK is of better quality). However after running out of twinings, all my local market had was this stash earl grey. I find stash to have too much of the citrusy bergamot flavor. They supposedly use a mix of natural and artificial bergamot as do most tea brands but this one really felt artificial…i really prefer the more balanced twinings.

I enjoy this Earl Grey. There is an element of citrus. It’s very different from Lady Grey though, with it’s more potent flavor. It is more flavorful then a few of the other Earl Grey’s I’ve tried. I love it as an afternoon tea.

This is easily my favorite of the various Earl Grey teas that I’ve tried. In fact, this blend from Stash was the one that first turned me on to Earl Grey to begin with. Since then, it has become a regular in my cupboard.

Didn’t like this at all, the bergamot flavour seemed really fake somehow. And the tea seemed to have only one note, it was really flat. Not enjoyable.

I did not enjoy the bergamot scent..it reminded of artificial orange flavored candy

I did not like earl grey till I drank this. Now I really want to try other labels. This tea has a strong bergamot aroma to it. It carries over in the final tea but no too much.

Because the fan is on and I’m freezing. What a treat, though! Just enough bergamot.