Bergamot, Lemon, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by fleurdelily

From Stash Tea Company

A Stash Tea best seller and long-time customer favorite! Earl Grey is black tea scented with bergamot, an oil extracted from a pear-shaped Mediterranean citrus about the size of an orange. Earl Grey brews up a beautiful amber cup with a distinctive flavor and lightly fragrant aroma.
Earl Grey is a versatile tea, at its best in the afternoon or after dinner. Delicious and flavorful plain, it may also be served with sugar and milk. Plus, it makes a wonderful, refreshing iced tea.
The tea leaves in Earl Grey are usually a blend of Chinese black or Indian Darjeeling teas. Stash uses superior grades of Ceylon black tea from Sri Lanka and black teas from China for our Earl Grey. We strive for a distinctive tea flavor that is not overwhelmed by the pungent citrus, and we use only 100% pure bergamot oil, not a mixture.
Story has it that in 1830 Englishman Charles Earl Grey (the second Earl Grey, 1764-1845) was on a diplomatic mission to China, when a mandarin presented him with the recipe for making this distinctive tea. Now it is the most famous scented tea in the Western world.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Didn’t like this at all, the bergamot flavour seemed really fake somehow. And the tea seemed to have only one note, it was really flat. Not enjoyable.

I did not enjoy the bergamot scent..it reminded of artificial orange flavored candy

I did not like earl grey till I drank this. Now I really want to try other labels. This tea has a strong bergamot aroma to it. It carries over in the final tea but no too much.

Because the fan is on and I’m freezing. What a treat, though! Just enough bergamot.

I was in need of Earl Grey today…this was the only Earl Grey I had on hand. Good thing I enjoyed it…