Double Spice Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

For chai lovers, more spice than our Chai Spice, and coriander and whole cardamom for an even more flavorful drink=.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Disclaimer: this is the bagged variety. But based on the BLECH-ness of the bagged kind, I won’t even consider the loose variety.

Total and utter BLECH! There is too much cardamom and clove and not enough of the sweeter spices – allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon – to round out the very harsh edges of this tea. I do love my chais, but this is a cuppa nastiness. I feel horrid about this because for Christmas this year I gave my sister-in-law and mom both some Stash bagged chais and this was one of them.

I don’t even care for the smell of this – which is appropriate considering this tastes almost as bad as it smells.

I have a couple extra bags if someone else wants to try it… But I don’t recommend it, not one bit! I’m reaching for Pancake Breakfast to get rid of that BLECH flavor…

gmathis

I think too many chais lean toward the bitter spices instead of the good sweet stuff.

So back when I wrote a note for regular stash chai, I remember saying how average it was, kinda spicy but not really anything to get excited about. So today I made a bagged of double spiced chai in a nice big cup and wham the flavor hits you full force. I think it’s safe to say that I like cinnamon =] and probably also safe to say that I’ll never buy regular chai again.

However, this isn’t the most flavorful tea I’ve ever had. Compared to the Good Earth cinnamon orange red tea, this is perhaps just up to par with, and this chai actually kinda loses it’s hold on you near the bottom.

I expected and desired a double spiciness, and I always add milk and sugar, so this worked well for me. The bag showed double the amount of spice oil stain as the regular strength Stash black chai, and this is also okay by me. If a blend were to contain enough crushed or ground spices to attain that amount of flavor, then the bag would have to weigh about twice what it does, in order to continue to include enough actual tea for a good cup. As long as quality oils and extracts are used, the flavor can be quite good and the price kept within reach by po’ folk like me. I’d recommend this tea for anyone who wants the convenience of a bag and likes to add lots of milk, because the spiciness really shines through. The only thing I would change would be to add black pepper.

it’s a decent tea but honestly that’s just it decent no more no less

2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Spice was wayy too strong. Extra cream made it palatable.

Flavors: Cloves

As others have mentioned, the bag is discolored, even before steeping. It smells so strongly spicy. I wasn’t going to put anything in it but after smelling it, I think I will add some milk and sugar. Well, after adding those it didn’t taste like much of anything.

I’m neutral on this one. I never add milk or sweetener to anything I do at home or at the office. This might be good if you add a little-somethin’-somethin’ but the spices sure are at full force which might turn some people off if you aren’t expecting it. I like the taste and color. Aroma is a bit more than I care for and the the proof is in the “bag”…it’s discolored before steeping. I would drink it again, but I’m not sure if it’s something I would say that I LOVE tho.

Stronger than the regular Stash chai. Honey, sugar or a cookie accompaniment sweetens this into a nice dessert tea. Milk is fine but doesn’t immensely improve the cup the way it does some chais.

This is just about my favorite tea. I use one tea bag of this and one bag from the what the Coffee Bean creates blended together combine with equal amounts of fresh milk and vanilla creamer with honey and it is an amazing blend that sends your taste buds strait to the Himalayas. Try it once see if you like it. Tastes may vary but most people who I have made this for really like it.

Eh. If I need to drink a Stash chai, it won’t be this. Like other reviewers said, the balance of spices in this “double spice” is off from the regular chai. It’s dominated by pepper and cinnamon flavors.