Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Spicy, aromatic blend of black teas, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove and cardamom.

About Stash Tea Company View company

A decent chai, though good and strong with cloves. It’s a good all-in-one bagged chai. I prefer to brew spices and then tea when I can, but when I don’t have the time, this is strong enough to stand up to sugar and milk.

MIlk and sugar have been making this my go to tea.

I prefer the stronger Double Spice Chai, but I like this for an everyday, cinnamon-heavy chai. It is not the cardamom-heavy masala chai you would get at an Indian restaurant.

I’ve tried this out with varying amounts of milk and sugar and it just doesn’t taste very good to me. I has a bland, kind of bitter taste to it, in my opinion.

It smells great in the bag and in the cup. Almost flavorless on its own and is still pretty bland with dairy and sweetener. It does leave a nice spicy aftertaste though.

Hey guys, just bought this tea.
I usually HATE ALL CHAIS.
Except this one.
There is something to it…
I dont know..
I steeped for 5 min with boiling water,
8 oz, one tea bag.
Added a teaspoon of sugar, and 1/4 cup of vanilla soymilk
ITS SO DELICIOUS :D
It is late though, so yay to no sleep!
I wish steepster had a chatting function, I would talk to everyone :)

This is my favorite bagged chai tea. I found most chai teas were very weak, but this one is really bursting with flavor. I love the slight bite, and the rich spiciness that’s perfect for any season. I usually enjoy it with warm milk, perfect.
When I’m feeling extraordinarily bold, I bump it up to the chai double spice. But this one is great for daily drinking purposes.

Decent but not awesome. What I drink if the Good Earth Chai isn’t on sale. (Definitely don’t steep as long as that one.) Sugar/half & half.

This isn’t my favorite bagged chai – a bit too much ginger or anise, maybe? It is tasty, though. I’m still on the search for the perfect “regular” bagged chai, without fancy flavors.

As with most chais, I brew with 2 tea bags in about 10 oz of water, then add milk and sugar.