Black Chai Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Spicy, aromatic blend of black teas, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove and cardamom.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I’ve been on a mission to find the best, most-drinkable grocery store bagged-chai.

This is usually my face, in emoticon montage:

O.o (smell) - :/ (brew) - :( (taste) - DDD: (nurse)

Nothing disgusting, but nothing remarkable either. I picked this one up yesterday, and it’s . . . fine. There’s little to no body in the cup, so there’s an overwhelming sense of sipping down some clove-and-cinnamon water. A little bit of milk helps. I’m wondering if a spoon of honey might make this shine a little more, too. An experiment for the next cup.

Anlina

At my last office job I found a box of chai tea bags that the previous person had left in my office. I have no idea what the brand was and I’m still kicking myself, because it was awesome. Lots and lots of cardamom and just super tasty. I know it was an Indian brand and it came in a yellow box, but I haven’t seen the same stuff in any grocery stores around here.

sweetea

I was at another market the other day—ran across Cardamom Chai, Ginger Chai and Masala Chai, all from Tea India? Was tempted, but the box was humongous, and I wasn’t up to the 72-bag challenge . . .

This was the first chai I ever tasted, and I was very impressed at first, but that faded somewhat as I grew more accustomed to drinking other straight black teas. I began to realize that the balance of this tea is off. There’s too much cinnamon and not enough black tea here. Even so, sometimes a cup of hot cinnamon water can be very soothing, especially when mixed with an appropriate amount of milk and sugar.

This chai also works well when you mix it with other teas and tea additives. I guess that’s the real thing to know about this tea: it works well when you mix it with other things. As a stand-alone tea it’s a little boring. Turn this into a chai latte, an iced chai, or some other chai concoction and you’ve really got something.

So far, this is my favorite (straight) chai tea blend out of all the companies. They get it completely right. Perfect balance of sweet, spice, and can be drank straight or doctored.

A decent chai, though good and strong with cloves. It’s a good all-in-one bagged chai. I prefer to brew spices and then tea when I can, but when I don’t have the time, this is strong enough to stand up to sugar and milk.

MIlk and sugar have been making this my go to tea.

I prefer the stronger Double Spice Chai, but I like this for an everyday, cinnamon-heavy chai. It is not the cardamom-heavy masala chai you would get at an Indian restaurant.

I’ve tried this out with varying amounts of milk and sugar and it just doesn’t taste very good to me. I has a bland, kind of bitter taste to it, in my opinion.

It smells great in the bag and in the cup. Almost flavorless on its own and is still pretty bland with dairy and sweetener. It does leave a nice spicy aftertaste though.

Hey guys, just bought this tea.
I usually HATE ALL CHAIS.
Except this one.
There is something to it…
I dont know..
I steeped for 5 min with boiling water,
8 oz, one tea bag.
Added a teaspoon of sugar, and 1/4 cup of vanilla soymilk
ITS SO DELICIOUS :D
It is late though, so yay to no sleep!
I wish steepster had a chatting function, I would talk to everyone :)