Goji Berry Green Tea with Matcha

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

“Goji berries bring a slight tartness and bright citrus notes to this tasty green tea. Native to China and Tibet, goji berries are oblong and orange-red in color and are considered a healthy and nutritious fruit. A touch of Matcha, the special green tea used in the Japanese tea ceremony, has been added to the blend.” Green tea, hibiscus, organic rooibos, rosehips, goji flavor, raspberry leaf, strawberry flavor, matcha, licorice powder, and citric acid.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Oddly enough for a green tea I think this one needs a higher temperature to really get the flavour out.

Bethany

This one’s on my to buy list because of my love of Stash’s Mangosteen Green with Matcha.. have you had that one, too? If so, how do they compare?

Jillian

I’ve never tried the mangosteen tea unfortunately – I’ve never even tried a mangosteen for that matter! :)

My beloved Mangosteen Green with Matcha was on clearance at the grocery store, which scares me. I really hope they’re not discontinuing it. And they were all out of it!

So I had been meaning to try this tea for awhile (which was also on clearance) and bought it in place of Mangosteen. It brews up that thin red color that only comes from grocery store herbal teas (especially those with rosehips and hibiscus). It’s okay. Not nearly as good as the Mangosteen, but I’ll drink it from time to time.

why are there so many ingredients in this tea??? it tastes like overripe strawberry with a hint of licorice. there’s also a sour raspberry pucker on the finish. I can’t taste the matcha.

I WAS EATING WATERMELON. AND I WAS LIKE. “I need a fruity tea to compliment this. Kool-aid tea will do just fine.” AND IT DID.

Boiling 8 min or more
starfishey

GREAT DESC.

The water temperature’s really very low because I was impatient and downstairs waiting for something on my laptop, but also wary around leaving the water upstairs alone waiting for it to boil. So I just hoped it was hot enough, poured it into my pot, brought it down, and stuck my thermometre in it. Bah! I didn’t want to go back up and finish boiling it.

It smells like fruit rollups. Seriously. The kind of strawberry flavouring they use in fruitrollups. It’s making me crave them.

Slighty tart from the berries, and faintly green. A bit meh, but I did steep it at a rather cool temperature. Pleasant, actually. I don’t know how strongly I’d be able to drink this tea, so the mildness is nice. Berry with a hint of green. Less green than I was expecting. I get a very fruity tartness at the back of my throat after each sip. I sort of get the green tea taste first, and then get hit with the berryness.

I wouldn’t mind getting this myself, to drink on occasion. Actually, the deli inside the department store I work at sells Stash teas, including this one, and I was amused (and reminded!) when I saw it.

I’m noticing more tartness the more I sip it. Also, my cat seems to approve, because he keeps eyeing it.

For something that’s supposed to contain matcha, I really don’t taste it. Hmm. Ah well. Still enjoyable.

With this gone, I think the only thing I have left from Jillian is the darjeeling and the white pear.

Pretty good! Tastes really light—which after the new year, I’ve been looking forward to.
In a couple days I’m heading back to Baltimore, where my tea cupboard is, stocked to the gills with new teas to try. I’m excited to get back.

I was in a little store out in the country and oddly enough, this was one of the only teas they had. I decided to buy it because I’d never tried goji berries and I didn’t have any green tea left.

It turns out I love this stuff. It smells EXACTLY like these apricot fruit roll-ups that I like and even tastes a bit like them! It reminds me of childhood too, like a kool-aid flavor for adults. :)

As a child of the 80s, I would like to note that these tea bags smell exactly like Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid. Accordingly, I sweetened it with sugar and served it over ice, and it is quite tasty.

This is the first tea I’ve tried with goji berries in it, and I’m not tasting them.

I drink this when I feel like I need to think “healthy”. I had an acupuncture treatment before coming home from work today, and decided this was the tea to spur me on. I figure this is the next best thing to taking the time to go buy a bag of gǒuqǐ from the Chinese herbal store (cheaper, too).
Always when I am drinking this tea, I think foremost about how sweet it smells, and secondly how astringent it tends to be. Wandering through the isles at the drug store, I picked up a box of this and was reading the back… and I could have sworn that I spotted hibiscus as an ingredient. Which would explain the astringency.
Having eaten my share of goji… they’re not what comes to mind first when drinking this. Still good, though.