Double Spice Chai Tea

Black Chai Blend
Allspice, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander, Ginger Root, Nutmeg
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

• “I have been craving chai, so I picked up a box of this when my mom and I went shopping this evening. Hot and plain, the scent is wonderfully cinnamon! It smelled like liquid Red Hot candies. Brewed...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “ A very satisfying Chai, in a tea bag. Spicing is dominated a little by clove. I would have liked to taste more of the other spices. I added sugar and milk.” Read full tasting note
    Maryann 45 tasting notes
  • “The double spices should have skipped double pepper and double cloves as they become overpowering and that's largely all you taste with first steeping. Second steep was much better (yes, I double...” Read full tasting note
    yappychappy 106 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from yesterday, so just a quick note. This tea isn't really half bad. Definitely can taste the cloves in it, but it makes a nice spicy chai for when you're on the go. What kind of...” Read full tasting note
    Shojikoto 35 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For Chai lovers, this spicy blend of premium black teas and fragrant spices has double the amount of clove, cinnamon and cardamom as in our popular Chai Spice tea. We’ve also added coriander and whole cardamom for a spicier and even more flavorful drink. Add a splash of milk and sugar for a rich, authentic taste experience.

Ingredients: blended black tea, ginger root, cinnamon, cinnamon oil, clove oil, cardamom oil, allspice, nutmeg, clove, cardamom and coriander

About Stash Tea Company View company

I have been craving chai, so I picked up a box of this when my mom and I went shopping this evening. Hot and plain, the scent is wonderfully cinnamon! It smelled like liquid Red Hot candies. Brewed up it didn’t taste like much.

So I did what any person familiar with chai would do, I put a splash of milk in it. The milk brings out the other flavors. The prominent flavor is actually a blend between the allspice and the nutmeg. Cinnamon is still the most aromatic.

This would be lovely in the cool winter mornings which is what I was hoping for. I’m not sure I would pick it up again so I am still on my quest for the perfect chai. It will make me very happy to drink it though.

I added sugar and milk.

Starfevre

Could try steeping for less time, see if that lessens the clove?

Maryann

Yes, will try that.

The double spices should have skipped double pepper and double cloves as they become overpowering and that’s largely all you taste with first steeping. Second steep was much better (yes, I double steep chais.. first steep usually ~4 mins second ~10). Used 4g/8oz as I use with all chais.

Backlogging from yesterday, so just a quick note.

This tea isn’t really half bad. Definitely can taste the cloves in it, but it makes a nice spicy chai for when you’re on the go. What kind of weirded me out at first when I opened this, was the oily bag the tea was contained in, but then I noticed the ingredients and was a little more ok with the sight of an oily teabag.

Here in Texas, we’ve had more than 50 days over 100 degrees F already this summer, and it’s that hot right now. But I love this double spice chai so much that I cranked up the air conditioner and enjoyed it hot, or at least warm. It just doesn’t taste as full, creamy and spicy when I ice it down!

Jillian

The hell?! It SNOWED here today! 0_o

This is a tea bag. It’s okay…barely. I have to add coffee french vanilla creamer and Splenda for it to even be pallet-able.

I love this with some honey and a tiny splash of almond milk.

If you like your Chai to be spicy strong – this is it.

I’m still on a search for a Chai that can top this one on spice and power (without having to brew one at ultra strength).

Great with honey and soy creamer

An ok Chai blend, not too crazy about how the oils linger in your mouth but they do definitely add spice.

Very strong smell from the oil when you open the package. Pretty good when in makes it into the cup though. decently strong.