Organic Lavender Tulsi

Herbal Tea
Herbs, Licorice
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

A soothing organic tea that blends leaves from the tulsi plant which has been revered in India for more than 5,000 years. According to folklore, tulsi is a healing balm for body, mind and spirit. Gentle lavender adds its special aroma to create a tea that fosters a sense of calmness and serenity. Naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Aroma when Dry: lavender, sweet, floral slightly chewy
After water is first poured: floral, sweet
At end of steep: sticky, floral, desert sweet (western)
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: pale grass brown
Staple? No
Time of day preferred: as needed medicinally
first notes: syrupy, herby
As it cools? gets sweeter
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, with a cloying sweet woodiness

Sweet and herbal, not overly lavender for those who are shy of it, the basil-like taste of tulsi is prominent, and it’s naturally pretty sweet. With sugar added it tastes a lot like black licorice, especially if you have it with a couple salty crackers, oddly satisfying. It’s nice, but not my favoritest favorite ever.

I quite like this lavender tea, however it’s the first I’ve ever tasted, so I’m not going to rate it (as I have no frame of reference). BUT I’m expecting a lot of Harney & Sons teas this Friday, with a (apparently very strong) lavender tea among them. So I’ll probably come back and give it a numerical rating to reflect the comparison. Though this is lavender TULSI and not just lavender, so I’ll have to keep that in mind.

1 bag for 250mL water @100C, steeped 5 minutes.

Good lavender aroma, with a much sweeter flavour than I expected. The tulsi is almost minty, and almost a bit like licorice. this might get soapy is steeped too long. Lovely — provided you like lavender.

This is a pretty good lavender tea in general. Pretty “light” flavor.

This is the last of my Stash samples until after the baby is born. This tea has a really unique taste. It’s a light herbal licorice flavor. I’m not sure if that comes from the lavender or the tulsi, or the combination of the two, but I like it. I’ll have to order more of this to see if it’s something I want to keep on hand.

Flavors: Herbs, Licorice

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Floral and lacking bitterness, this my first tulsi tea so I don’t really know what to compare it to.

A full-flavored herbal tea. Sometimes I’m not in the mood for the Tulsi flavor, but it works when I am. The two herbs are a relaxing full-flavored blend, good with lemon and honey.

Boiling 8 min or more

This has been the perfect cup of tea to calm down with after a night of writing a paper on a particularly unpleasant topic. It smells wonderful, and I’m pleasantly surprised by the taste – it’s not overpowering like I thought itm ight be.

This tea is awesome!! It smells beautiful and tastes lovely! It’s not bitter or too weak or strong. It’s very calming and yummy!!