Organic Lavender Tulsi

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

A soothing organic tea that blends leaves from the tulsi plant which has been revered in India for more than 5,000 years. According to folklore, tulsi is a healing balm for body, mind and spirit. Gentle lavender adds its special aroma to create a tea that fosters a sense of calmness and serenity. Naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Bagged
Aroma when Dry: lavender, sweet, floral slightly chewy
After water is first poured: floral, sweet
At end of steep: sticky, floral, desert sweet (western)
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: pale grass brown
Staple? No
Time of day preferred: as needed medicinally
Taste:
first notes: syrupy, herby
As it cools? gets sweeter
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, with a cloying sweet woodiness

Sweet and herbal, not overly lavender for those who are shy of it, the basil-like taste of tulsi is prominent, and it’s naturally pretty sweet. With sugar added it tastes a lot like black licorice, especially if you have it with a couple salty crackers, oddly satisfying. It’s nice, but not my favoritest favorite ever.

I quite like this lavender tea, however it’s the first I’ve ever tasted, so I’m not going to rate it (as I have no frame of reference). BUT I’m expecting a lot of Harney & Sons teas this Friday, with a (apparently very strong) lavender tea among them. So I’ll probably come back and give it a numerical rating to reflect the comparison. Though this is lavender TULSI and not just lavender, so I’ll have to keep that in mind.

Floral and lacking bitterness, this my first tulsi tea so I don’t really know what to compare it to.

A full-flavored herbal tea. Sometimes I’m not in the mood for the Tulsi flavor, but it works when I am. The two herbs are a relaxing full-flavored blend, good with lemon and honey.

Boiling 8 min or more

This has been the perfect cup of tea to calm down with after a night of writing a paper on a particularly unpleasant topic. It smells wonderful, and I’m pleasantly surprised by the taste – it’s not overpowering like I thought itm ight be.

This tea is awesome!! It smells beautiful and tastes lovely! It’s not bitter or too weak or strong. It’s very calming and yummy!!