Long Island Strawberry

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “Sipdown! This isn't a bad green, I just never ever reach for greens... so even though I'm not actually finished this tea, it's a sipdown. Someone will receive this as a surprise tea. :D I just...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1163 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, *OMGsrsly*, for this sample from our Victoria crawl! I've enjoyed all of the Steam teas I've tried so far. Drinking this tea hot to lukewarm right now. This one as a strong juicy...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 447 tasting notes

From Steam Tea House

Unfortunately, there are no ingredients on their facebook page or on the package of tea.

1 heaping tsp (2-3 grams) per cup (250ml).
Steep: 2 mins/80C water.

About Steam Tea House View company

Sipdown!

This isn’t a bad green, I just never ever reach for greens… so even though I’m not actually finished this tea, it’s a sipdown. Someone will receive this as a surprise tea. :D I just sanitized myself and my counter and set up little labelled baggies for a bunch of people. That should make it easier for me.

It steeps up pretty murky, and very sweet. Like, I can tell it’s sweet even through my cold of doom. I can even taste the strawberry, and think this would make an excellent cold brew. I’m just not interested in cold teas right now. Sorry, 3 litres of iced tea I have in the fridge. It’s not you, it’s me.

Thank you, OMGsrsly, for this sample from our Victoria crawl! I’ve enjoyed all of the Steam teas I’ve tried so far.

Drinking this tea hot to lukewarm right now. This one as a strong juicy aroma that is reminiscent of SunRype Strawberry Kiwi juice that my roommate and I liked to put vodka in last semester. The flavour is similar although it’s not as sugary as the aroma would lead on. It’s still sweet, however, and with a little bit of puckering dryness. The overall affect reminds me of a iced fruity alcoholic drink. The name of this tea further emphasizes that association. There’s a syrupy aftertaste.

Oh, I should make a note of the base tea. It’s green, a little seaweedy, but very subtle and soft in this blend- I’m willing to gamble that it’s a sencha. Probably. I think the pieces of fruit are papaya.

I’m using the rest of this sample for a mug of iced tea tonight. Mmmm… that sounds good. I kind of want to take some of this down to Palm Desert with me. Eh, I’ll likely and up with a travel bag full of fall themed rooibos blends.

oh man this sounds tasty!

CrowKettle

It’s refreshing, to say the least.

OMGsrsly

I had this one iced the other day. So good! Even my brother (who buys teas but forgets to drink them) liked it.