Blackcurrant

Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “Now that I've brewed this differently, it's pretty amazing. It's recommended to use boiling water and steep for 3 minutes, but I found the blackcurrant flavour to be pretty weak last night when I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “Here's another sample from *OMGsrsly*. She describes the flavour very well and I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just add that I enjoyed this one with milk despite it being fruity. It also paired well with...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 447 tasting notes

From Steam Tea House

1 tsp (2-3 grams) per cup (250 ml) 98C water. Steep 3 minutes.

About Steam Tea House View company

Now that I’ve brewed this differently, it’s pretty amazing. It’s recommended to use boiling water and steep for 3 minutes, but I found the blackcurrant flavour to be pretty weak last night when I did that.

This morning I steeped with cooler water, and for 4 minutes. And, perfection! It tastes like those British blackcurrant-and-licorice candies, without the licorice. Since I prefer most of my black teas with milk and honey, this one is pretty much no exception. The honey brings out a sweet candy flavour, and the milk makes it even more delicious. The black tea base is pretty unassuming, and hasn’t bittered or gone astringent at all.

I hope this fares well in a mug! I’ll test that later today while annoying my mom – she loves the candy, but can’t stand flavoured tea! I can hardly wait to see what her reaction is.

CrowKettle

How did your blackcurrant gummy candies end up tasting? Are they like this tea?

OMGsrsly

Noooo. They are not nearly as good. The british black currant licorice candies are what this tea tastes like.

CrowKettle

That’s extremely disappointing! We will both just have to drink more of this tea and get some of those black currant licorice candies then.

Here’s another sample from OMGsrsly. She describes the flavour very well and I’m feeling lazy, so I’ll just add that I enjoyed this one with milk despite it being fruity. It also paired well with a mango gummy.