Organic Canadian Maple Seduction

Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “Umm, oops? Sipdown! (248) I'll have to go get more later this week. They close at 7, and since they're across a bus zone, I don't like going down there before 6:30. :/ Oh well. Delicious as...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1165 tasting notes
  • “I was looking at comments and it seems like I am one of many who was supplied this tea but the very generous *OMGsrsly*. I was a little hesitant to try this because I find maple is a hard flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1346 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I had this in the morning as a latte, and it's a good thing i did since my other travel mug is at home...left on the table accidentally :( I much prefer this as a latte, since the milk...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “Without milk I found this to be a somewhat sweet but boring black tea. With milk it becomes a syrupy, creamy cup of goodness that wants to be besties with my pancakes. Of the five big mugs that I...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 448 tasting notes

From Steam Tea House

Nilgiri Black Tea, Almond slices, and Maple extract.

1.5 tsp (2-3 grams) per cup (250 ml). Steep 3 mins in 98C water.

About Steam Tea House View company

Umm, oops? Sipdown! (248)

I’ll have to go get more later this week. They close at 7, and since they’re across a bus zone, I don’t like going down there before 6:30. :/

Oh well. Delicious as always. Today I added 1/2 tsp maple sugar to my mug. Mmm. Mapley goodness. I think this could be really nice mixed 50/50 with a smoky keemun or something. The sweetness from the maple, the smokiness from the other tea. The base of this is a little icy/frosty feeling, which is neat.

(Don’t worry, Courtney, I’ll get more this week so I can send you some! I’ll see about snagging a couple other samples for you as well, since I’ll be there. :) )

one of these days i need you guys to go shopping for me haha

OMGsrsly

Not a problem. :) I’m even saving tea-size boxes for shipping things to people!

Woot, lucky me! :)

Dinosara

Sil– ditto! OMGsrsly got me hooked on some BC teas in our last swap. :D

OMGsrsly

Uh oh! Am I going to have a third job as a personal tea shopper? :D

I was looking at comments and it seems like I am one of many who was supplied this tea but the very generous OMGsrsly. I was a little hesitant to try this because I find maple is a hard flavor to accomplish as there is a fine line between not enough flavor and cloying. This is slightly to the former side of that line but really right on the edge. I taste mostly the base but the smell of maple goodness is just so strong that I am happy nonetheless. I don’t think I would seek this out but I could definitely sniff this cup all day (that didn’t sound as weird in my head). Thank you OMGsrsly!

Yvonne

Sounds like it would be like Oh Canada from Davids…mmm.

VariaTEA

The two are actually really different. This reminded me more of Pancake Breakfast (in smell only though)

Yvonne

Oh, I’ve never had that one! One day I’d love to, though.

OMGsrsly

You’re welcome! I really like pushing the tea to “cloying” by adding sweetened condensed milk and icing it. Heh.

It’s one they blend themselves, and yes, I send it to everyone!

Lala

Love the name of this one :)

VariaTEA

That sounds very tasty, OMGsrsly. And Lala, the name is quite fun.

Sipdown! I had this in the morning as a latte, and it’s a good thing i did since my other travel mug is at home…left on the table accidentally :(
I much prefer this as a latte, since the milk cuts through the sweetness from the maple. Overall, not a bad little tea though i think i prefer Stacy’s Maple Pecan Oolong.

keychange

Ooooh! Stacy’s maple pecan oolong as a latte! I never even thought of that!

heh i often forget about tea lattes…until i remember

OMGsrsly

I add sweetened condensed milk to this one, which probably makes you shudder. :) I love the sweet sweet mapley goodness. Of course, Maple Pecan Oolong is nice too!

Without milk I found this to be a somewhat sweet but boring black tea. With milk it becomes a syrupy, creamy cup of goodness that wants to be besties with my pancakes. Of the five big mugs that I had over the last few days I never got past the analytical point of deciding it was delicious.

I can’t tell you all if it had nutty notes (I think it had nutty notes), or if its base was interesting or not, but I can say for sure that I drank it very fast and it was a challenge not to have a mug full on hand 24/7. I’ll be revisiting this tea in the fall, on miserable rainy days, and on lazy weekend mornings when I want, but don’t have access to, pancakes.

Thank you, OMGsrsly!

Courtney

I love the fall-like teas! There’s something about them that just feels so cozy.

CrowKettle

Agreed! I think fall is my favourite season for tea, in regards to flavour and weather/temperature. :)

People seem to be posting a lot with the new system… I had a lot to read through to get back to where I left off yesterday when Steepster went down for updates. I noticed it stopped updating my iPhone app, but you never know whether updates are going to be more behind the scenes or up front. I have to say the new update looks very familiar to me, as they were clearly trying a lot of it out in the app beta.

Anyway, this tea. I got a sample of this from OMGsrsly in our recent swap, and I pulled it out this morning. I did probably overleaf a bit (a bit more than 3tsp), but that’s fine because it came out awesomely. Sweet, smooth, mapley, yum! The black base had a nice malty undertone as well that served this one well. I haven’t had a maple tea that I really loved before, but this one certainly matches that requirement. I had it this morning while I also had some Vermont maple cream on a bagel, and it was the perfect match. Thanks again OMGsrsly for sharing this one!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Anna

My dashboard exploded, too! I love my timing – coming back today of all days, just poof.

This tea sounds so sexy! ‘Organic Canadian Maple Seduction’ could be a burlesque stage name or something.

Dinosara

I know, right?? It certainly seduced me. :D

Also wrote this during the Great Steepster Tantrum of earlier this week.

Thank you to OMGsrsly for passing down a generous sample of this! I’m looking for the perfect creamy maple tea.

The scent of the dry leaf is quite delicate, like a burnt sugar maple. There are slivers of almonds throughout the dry leaf so I’m curious as to whether they’re going to change the flavour profile at all.

I actually tried the first cup yesterday without any additives. There’s something about this that is very mellow. Even the base is mellow. Like all the flavours melt into each other and any sharp edges have been dulled. You almost can’t even taste the base? I don’t know. But yet the maple is very mellow too. No almond.

The smell that this tea leaves behind in the cup after it’s all gone is marvelous, like maple cream cookies.

Steepster’s recent freakouts have encouraged me to write a few of these in Word and save them to submit later. Now, I’m about to enjoy the second cup with a little bit of half-and-half.

Second cup with half-and-half is nice. The cream complements the maple and wakes it up a bit. I also steeped this round a little longer and the base has more hold too.

It’s a tasty choice but I just wish there were a tad bit more maple in this. I’m sure this would be perfect with a couple drops of actual maple syrup but alas, I don’t have any right now.

mmm i wonder if this one is coming to meeeeeee

I’m finishing off the last of the generous sample OMGsrsly sent to me. This is really good today. Lots of maple flavor and a nice base tea that is silky smooth. I added a little sugar to my cup and am happily enjoying every sip.

This tea has made me reconsider my feelings toward maple. I was never a big fan if it, but now I’m thinking I’m going to need some sort of maple goodness at least by fall probably sooner.

Thanks again OMGsrsly!

Cheri

I love the name of this tea. The tea itself sounds wonderful.

CelebriTEA

This sounds seriously yummy

Veronica

It is good!

Backlog…ugh, oversteeped or overleafed and it was bitter and astringent. This tea deserves better. Hopefully next time…

This is from OMGsrsly so if I futz up the rest, I can probably secure more fairly easily.

• * * * * * * * * * * *

Steeped tonight with hubby, and it is way way way better(!). I did add a little sugar still (less than normal) and some milk. but I am getting a maple taste now. Yum!! It’s like I have maple syrup running down my throat with each swallow.

OMGsrsly

(Try it with sweetened condensed milk… :)

Amariel

I don’t have any, but I will at some point.

This tea is delicious. That is all.

Thanks OMGsrsly!

Update: I added a wee dollop (~1/2 tsp) of maple syrup to the resteep and it’s just as tasty as the first.

Courtney

I can’t wait to pick more of this one up in a few short weeks!

OMGsrsly

Woo! I hope Nolan is working when you go in. He’s really awesome. Such a tea geek. :)

i guess i need to figure out what teas i should be picking up as well lol

Courtney

I’ve got my list started! Between Steam and Bayswater, I shall bring back plenty for my cupboard. Any other companies I should check while I’m there?

not sure if you’ve seen this: http://goo.gl/maps/gXsKK

lol if you go over to the island. janet’s tea shop and silk road tea….i think soko tea house is in vancouver and decent…o5 is an experience. if you like tea with milk and sugar – murchie’s granville island has a couple…

Courtney

You know so much. I will keep the map. We never go over to the island haha, but perhaps Seattle will be on tap this trip. Which reminds me my passport is soon expiring.

that map is ALLL omgsrsly. haha We’re trying to decide whether we can manage a trip to the island – i have old old old family there and/or whether we want to try for a day trip to seattle heh

Courtney

Oh yes. We have the staples we do, since we go 2-3 times every summer haha. We always plan for Seattle… and never make it haha! I’ve only been to the island once, despite living in Vancouver myself and visiting more times than I can count.

island is always like an overnight trip in my head…

OMGsrsly

Muahahahaha. Tea Time on Lonsdale in North Vancouver is nice. There are a lot of $$$ shops, probably nice to check out but maybe less nice to buy from. If you have any questions, let me know. The map has been a bear to update since Google Maps changed, so it’s probably not completely up to date.