Kangaita GBOP (Kenya)

Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From Steam Tea House

1 tsp (2-3 grams) per cup (250mL) Steep: 3 mins/98C water.

About Steam Tea House View company

thank you omgsrsly! I rather enjoyed this one today. I’d see how your brother feels about this one since it’s more readily available than some of the other teas. I can’t remember much about it but there was nothing funny about it that made me NOT want to drink it this morning and i drank it all up! thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for sharing, OMGsrsly! I sort of followed the directions and steeped it for around three minutes, but I think I went a little over since I was applying my eye cream and serum while waiting. When I got back the liquor was quite dark, and I thought I ruined it. But I didn’t! It’s a lot smoother than expected, especially considering the rich amber colour.

I first picked up on the malt, and then a hint of sweetness, but as this cools, I’m also getting a delicate woodsy flavour in the background. Somehow it’s gotten even more flavour over the last five minutes.

It’s surely a reliable tea. I could see reaching for this when I wouldn’t know what else to have but feel like a black tea.

I think this might be the Justea stuff, but I’m not 100% sure.

uh you sure? you sent me this as well from steam

I just emailed to confirm, but I think that’s what he said.

Of course, he could have been talking about something else, and I don’t have anything from JusTea to compare.

I sampled it to a lot of people because I bought a bag based on the smell alone. :)

Hmmm. I’m curious! I really (really) like the Justea stuff! That’d be cool if they were selling to Steam!

Yep it is! Confirmed with Steam last night. :)

Whatever it is, it’s pretty darn good. Enjoying my last cup this morning. :)

2029 tasting notes

I like this one a lot, especially with maple syrup. :) (Thanks for the tip, Sil! Maple syrup is AWESOME in some teas!)

Yep. Yummy.

Steam sources this one from JusTea, which is awesome. Makes it a lot easier for me to get.

(Side note: Reading the JusTea website, the owner started Rocky Mountain Bicycles. My bike is a ‘92 (I think) Rocky Mountain Fusion. The white women’s variety that I haven’t found anywhere on the internet. Small world!)

Err, not that the bike is for white women, but that it is white and it’s the women’s version…

Mmmm. I’ve never tried maple syrup in tea. I wonder if DAVDsTEA’s maple agave would be just as good?

smokey teas + maple syrup = my favourite time ever..especially keemuns

Cavo, my only thought is that maple flavour is really nothing like maple syrup, so adding maple flavored stuff to the tea would result in quite a different flavour profile.

I made this one at some point last week, and I got a hint of smoke and was not impressed. I feared the worst. But tonight it’s back to the normal great bold straight black, sans smoke. Phew.

I love that this tea is sourced from Justea as well.

I’m just sitting on a shopping cart with Whispering Pines now, waiting for my friend to text back if/what she wants.

Also, we tried our hand at making spaghetti squash for the first time tonight instead of noodles. Delicious!

So what did you get?

Golden Orchid, North Winds, Aliaoshan Black, and Fujian Black. :)

I like spaghetti squash!

Me too!

Same order as me except I didn’t get fujian black :)