Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Steenbergs (Tea Merchant)

Steenbergs organic redbush tea combine with a delicious blend of Steenbergs organic spices to create this new organic redbush chai tea. Sugar or milk to taste.

Blended at Steenbergs factory in Yorkshire to Axel Steenberg’s own receipe, this organic redbush chai includes organic cardamom, organic cloves, organic ginger, organic pepper, organic cinnamon and organic lemongrass.

MMMM delicious and warming and because its from redbush its caffeine free.

How to make a caffeine free Chai Tea with Steenbergs Red Chai: Place 2tsp of Steenbergs Organic Redbush Chai into a pan, together with 4tsp of sugar. Bring a kettle of freshly drawn water to the boil, then add 1 litre to the pan and heat until boiling. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer gently for about 8 minutes. Strain and pour into 3 mugs. Red Chai can take a little bit of milk so you can add this, to taste.

Ingredients for Steenbergs Organic Rooibos Chai Tea : organic redbush , organic cinnamon quills , organic cardamom pods , organic cloves , organic cloves , organic ginger , organic black pepper , organic lemongrass

About Steenbergs (Tea Merchant) View company

Oops! Where have YOU been hiding?

I just came across this one totally unopened! Eeeeek!

MUST TRY NOW!

This smells like a combo of spices, sweet-wood, and cologne when dry (prior to infusing)

Post infusing it smells like a sweet-smoky type wood with earthy herbs and spices.

I must make special note of this taste/flavor here! It’s unique!

This has to be the most brothy rooibos blend I have tried. Yes! It’s actually brothy! I don’t think I have even tried a Rooibos – as of yet – with this texture/taste! I really like this characteristic. The Honeybush/Rooibos combo is pretty splendid. The spices are nicely combined. The real kicker – for me – is the addition of the lemongrass. I thought that was going to throw me off but you know what? I really like that dash of lemongrass in there!

This is a pretty special Tisane! And nice Chai flavors! Yeah…this is something else! That’s for sure! And I mean that in a very good way!

thanks for including this one in the traveling teabox, TeaEqualsBliss! I love the idea of a red chai. A spicy caffeine free tea that I can drink at night is nice, since it is rooibos. This one is very spicy! It kicked my throat a bit. I’m guessing that is the pepper. It didn’t look like there were a ton of spices in the blend, so I’m surprised it was this spicy, but there was something light and powdery.. I’m not sure what that was. There was also a tangy flavor, that I’m thinking was the lemongrass, which I don’t really see fitting in this blend. I like this. I’ll take a bit of this out of the teabox and save the rest for others to try!

I drank this last night – I love having a caffeine free chai option. I am drinking this in the summer, but it is a winter staple. This version is really good – I like it best with a bit of sweetened almond milk for a desserty treat.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML