Egg Noggin'

Green Tea
Cinnamon, Cream, Nutmeg, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “WOW! This tea is AMAZING! I'm a huge eggnog fan. I always have been, ever since I was a kid. We'd get a carton or two at Christmas and as a fan we'd polish them off in no time. Now that I'm...” Read full tasting note
    TheKesser 338 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so I'll be honest. I kind of lost this bag of tea in the depths of my cupboard. I don't even remember if I purchased this two or three years ago. (I'll guess two?) So, I know it's a...” Read full tasting note
    ecfrost 10 tasting notes

From Steeped Tea

Savour the sweet flavour of this traditional drink without sworrying about the calories. A green tea with yogurt and cinnamon pieces with a hint of nutmeg.
Ingredients: Green tea, black tea, orange peel, cinnamon pieces, natural flavor. Less than 1% yogurt pieces (glucose syrup, skim milk yogurt, alginate and starch). Contains milk.

About Steeped Tea View company

WOW! This tea is AMAZING!

I’m a huge eggnog fan. I always have been, ever since I was a kid. We’d get a carton or two at Christmas and as a fan we’d polish them off in no time.
Now that I’m married, I’m the only one that drinks it! Most of the time I can’t finish a whole carton on my own before it goes bad, which is really too bad… :(

So, when I went to a steeped party and heard about this one, I knew I needed to try it! The tea consultant brought it along with her and I got to try it. SO good! I ended up getting 100g of this one ’cause I loved it soo much!

Today, I’m having it with some milk and sugar and it’s really bring out the creaminess of the tea, plus it’s really bringing out the eggnog flavour. Absolutely awesome.
This tea is interesting too ‘cause it only says to steep for 2 mins first steep, which seems really short to me, but it’s absolutely perfect. I can’t imagine letting it steep any longer than that ’cause I think it would make it bitter and would make the tea too overwhelming for sure.

My second steeping of this tea isn’t quite as nice though. I definitely added more milk than I had originally planned on. I’m finding the second steep really doesn’t have much flavour tho. The eggnog flavour is pretty much gone. I don’t know if it’s over doing it with milk or just too short of a second steep… I’m disappointed with the second steeping, but maybe that’s just human error. haha

I will really enjoy this tea though. I’m looking forward to drinking through this one.

Okay, so I’ll be honest. I kind of lost this bag of tea in the depths of my cupboard. I don’t even remember if I purchased this two or three years ago. (I’ll guess two?)

So, I know it’s a resteeping kind of tea, which I dig. However, I didn’t have high hopes this morning, since it was opened in the past, and a few weeks ago I had to toss a 25g bag my boyfriend opened last year and that got lost amongst my parent’s coffee supply. I smelled it and all I could smell were the green tea leaves. I decided to steep a cup anyway. I followed the directions, tried a couple sips (no milk, no sweetener), and tossed it.

But! Then I remembered that I wasn’t a fan of the first steep of this tea in the past anyway. Steeps 2-4 were always better. (I tried steeping it a 5th time in the past, but it wasn’t worth it). So, I decided to give it another go. This time I added milk and just a pinch of brown sugar.

OMG. I remember why I love this tea. It has actual pieces of cinnamon and the nutmeg gives it a lovely spicy aroma/taste. The yogurt pieces give it a creaminess.

The one downside I find with this tea is that it has green and black tea leaves. This is why I didn’t rate this tea higher. I’d prefer just the green leaves as I don’t like to drink more than two caffeinated beverages a day, so with my third steeping (added cream for this one), I am deciding if I want to save the leaves for one more morning, or just throw them out at this point.

If you’re going to drink this, watch the steeping time. It’s just 2-3 mins. There aren’t directions on this one for which temperature, so I generally wait a few mins after the tea boils. I haven’t noticed a burnt taste, so I’ll stick with this.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cream, Nutmeg, Tea