Creme Carmello

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Hazelnut
Edit tea info Last updated by tattooed_tea
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Steeped Tea

Like eating a caramel bar, one helping is not enough. One of our most popular teas.

Ingredients: rooibos tea, caramel pieces, calendula petals, natural flavour.

About Steeped Tea View company

I received this as a prize at the tea party I went to last weekend, basically as a thank you because I spent the most money.

It smells very strongly of rooibos, but I am also getting a strong salted caramel smell.
I find the rooibos comes out at the forefront, which really isn’t my thing. and then you get the salted caramel taste.

not what I was expecting, but decent.

haha these guys were at the toronto tea festival. Now i know where i’d thought i’d heard of them.

Won this as a prize at a vendor booth. I was sent this one and another one as part of their teazer pack. It’s alright. Pretty identical to creme caramel from Davids. I have another 30g left but it’s a bit expensive for what it js. There are other higher quality rooibuses I’d rather buy.

At first sniff: not artificial smelling sweet sugar smell. But sweet smelling.
At first steep: its typical rooibus colour and it doesn’t have that licorice smell and taste that some of Davids have so I appreciatethat.

IIt’s alright. That is all. I feel kind of been there done that with it. It more gave me an excuse to go enjoy a walk with mu doggie. Saddened by the news today about a dog being stabbed to death I was happy to get a nice walk in with my bff.

2017 tasting notes

I love dessert teas, they have all of the flavor of a well crafted dessert without any of the calories. Crème Carmello has that wonderful deep burnt sugar flavor you find in crème brûlée. It’s seriously delicious and the addition of hazelnuts only makes it better. I’ve never had hazelnut crème brûlée, I’m not even sure if it is a thing, but if it is I imagine it tastes just like this tea.

You can read the rest of the review on my blog:

I am loving this tea! Its smells so amazing like a nutty caramel dessert. The taste is mild and not to powerful. The color is a beautiful light amber color. I use my Steeped Tea glass tea traveler and add about a teaspoon in the removable fine mesh infuser that it comes with. (perfect for rooibos!) I just keep it in my cup and it never gets to strong or bitter. I received this tea in my consultant kit and I am loving My Steeped Tea ;)

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yummy!! I think I’ll be grabbing this when I’m craving flavoured coffee… This would make a delicious latte!