Lime in the Coconut

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tattooed_tea

From Steeped Tea

Clean & refreshing lime notes swirl in a creamy coconut taste. Perfect hot or cold!

Ingredients: Green tea, Pai Mu Tan, lemon, lime, coconut pieces, rosebuds, blue mallow flowers and natural flavours.
contains gluten & lactose

About Steeped Tea View company

0.6 tablespoons for 188 ml

Overwhelmingly artificial aroma and taste.

Rating: 10

Indigobloom

ouch! I hope you didn’t spend money on this :/

Raritea

I was given this sample at the Toronto Tea Festival Steeped Tea booth. I was surprised because they were giving out a brewed blueberry rooibos which I found to be quite good.

Indigobloom

I saw someone else review this today and they seemed to like it. Maybe yours died during transport to Canada :(

Raritea

That is a possibility! Some teas can be quite sensitive! I’d definitely give this one another try if I get the chance.

bethssteepedtea

I’m a consultant for steeped tea, their teas have NO artificial flavours of any kind. It is a very limey product though, no doubt about it.

I forgot I had this in my second timolino! Guess I’lll sip it before I make my sleepytime teac.

This was a birthday gift – my Aunt let me choose 3 teas from Steeped Tea, and so I had fun with that. I love lime, so this was an obvious choice.

The instructions say to steep this at 2-3 minutes in BOILING water. I think that qualifies as green tea abuse, doesn’t it? I ignored it and steeped it in cooler water, but it worries me that “professional” tea experts go to people’s houses and convince them that boiled green tea is correct. #sigh. It’s not up to me to solve all the problems. :P

Anyway, this is light and refreshing, but obviously artificial. It actually makes me think of a slightly creamy lime kool-aid. I think Lime Chiffon would be my preferred lime, but I actually don’t mind this too much, so long as I know I’m getting a fake lime taste.

I bet it would be quite good iced!

Smell….. so much limey goodness. Not fresh lime though, like key lime pie scent.

Steeped the tastes isn’t as strong as the smell. It’s creamy lime goodness. As the smell it’s like key lime pie. I’m not getting any coconut taste, but this is really tasty. My fav of the ones I’ve had so far.

Thanks tattooed_tea for this one :)

This is so tasty. I’m finding lime in tea to be quite enjoyable. I’m really only getting a slight creaminess I can attribute to the coconut, if anything. Perhaps the second steep will bring out more of the coconut, but for now I’ll happily enjoy the lime.