Earl Grey de la Creme

Bergamot, Bitter, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by NovelTea Time

From Steeped Tea

This mellow Earl Grey blend is celebrated for its creamy taste. An instant favourite!

About Steeped Tea View company

This is probably okay to cook with but for the price, you can get a better tea base. This is pretty harsh and to me there is nothing special about it. It’s not undrinkable, it just isn’t a stand-out.

I got it as part of an order to see if I wanted to become a consultant. I think I’ve had enough really great tea over the past couple of years that I can’t bring myself to sell this to other people at the prices Steeped Tea charges. Not when I know that for the same money you can get truly excellent teas.

Cavocorax

That’s good to know! My aunt is buying me some tea from there and I was looking at what was required to host a party / be a consultant etc, but I wouldn’t be comfortable with it if the tea wasn’t enjoyable.

Nicole

I wanted to try the tea before I jumped into selling it and I’m glad I did. I expect many who are not as exposed to tea would like this. Maybe you’ll find something in what your aunt gets you that you like. :) And there is always the possibility that I got a not so good batch.

I will be buying this at a future Steeped Tea Party. I got a sample. It was wonderful!

I’ve been enjoying creaming Earl Grey loose leaf teas for several years now – sampling blends from lots of different tea shops. This Steeped Tea blend is a particularly lovely blend. The iconic bergamot flavour is strong but very well balanced by the creaminess that makes this tea such a memorable go-to for me. In addition to drinking this tea, I have also started experimenting with using it in different recipes. My Earl Grey de la Creme pancakes were a hit at our breakfast table last weekend. My 10 year old liked them even better then the Cherry Pie Rooibos pancakes I made the day before.

I forgot all about this during yesterday’s epic Earl Grey face-off. :) I just have a small bag of it, got it from one of those community fundraising things a couple years back. Anyway, I was in the mood for a tea I could add milk to, and this was near the front of my cupboard (how did I miss it yesterday) so here we are.

It smells really good, like there’s a definite creamy vanilla scent that blends in well with the bergamot. When I first tasted it, I was suprised to find it quite bitter! Like, enough so that I couldn’t really pay attention to the other flavours at all. It tasted like I had oversteeped it, though the package says steep for 3-7min and I went with 4min, so I didn’t think that was particularly excessive. Anyway, I guess it’s a good thing that I was planning to add milk to this anyway! I added more than my usual splash of milk, and that made it entirely drinkable. It still smells a lot better than it tastes, though.

Flavors: Bergamot, Bitter, Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Nichole

I’ve been super curious about their teas. Guess I can cross this one off the list.

I love Earl Greys, so I was all YAY when I received this as a sample. It’s pretty good, but perhaps a bit too vanilla-tasting for my liking. I like to be able to taste my bergamot, and I’m not really getting any of that here. That said, it’s still quite drinkable as a Monday morning beverage.

2046 tasting notes

Earl Grey de la Créme from Steeped tea is very heavy on the vanilla, giving it a pleasantly sweet flavor (perfect for those of you like me who have a sweet tooth!) There is only a hint of citrusy bergamot that shines through. If I had one complaint about this blend it would be that it really needs a stronger base to balance everything out and tone down the sweetness. Without more of a contrast from the bergamot and base I think this blend is actually too sweet.

You can read the rest of the review on my blog: