Pina Colada Rooibos

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 17 g 24 oz / 710 ml

From Steeped Tea

Get caught in the rain with this coconut and rum-flavoured blend.

About Steeped Tea View company

This tea has a vanilla/coconut flavor with a hint of pineapple in the background. One sip and you just want more! I think it’s one that will taste just as lovely Iced as it did hot so I’ll have to give that a try.

Tea 3/6 of the Rooibos tea collection I got from Steeped Tea. When I smelled the dry leaves in the bag, it really did smell like a pina colada. I brewed it up as a latte: 10 tsp (17 grams) of tea in 1 cup of boiling water with a little bit of vanilla agave. Steeped for about 4.5 min, then mixed with frothed milk. It does taste like a pina colada and adding the milk actually made it even more so since it added creaminess. The coconut is probably the strongest flavour followed by pineapple. Yum. I would consider repurchasing this tea for lattes. I think Toffee Crunch is still my fave from the rooibos collection, but this is a close second (but there still is 3 more teas to try!).

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 17 g

Added 1t of sugar, although I’m not convinced it was necessary. With sugar (or perhaps, naturally) it has an overly sweet flavor that is likely from the “natural flavor”. I don’t really know what pina colada is supposed to taste like short of a tropical drink, but it’s not something I particularly enjoy.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

While this doesn’t taste quite like a Piña Colada, it is delicious. The flavor tastes strongly of brown sugar with all of its maple goodness. Since the pineapple and coconut flavors don’t stand out as much this blend tastes more like pineapple upside down cake. Still tasty, but not quite what I had expected. The pineapple did come out more once I iced this tea down, but the coconut flavor stayed in the background keeping it from truly tasting like a piña colada.

You can read the rest of the review on my blog:

Not bad, not great. Mediocre tea.