Guiyuan Roasted Dong Ding

Caramel, Honey, Sweet, Toasty, Baked Bread, Chocolate, Coconut, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

3 Images

From Steepster

A deep roasted oolong from Nantou, Taiwan. Rich aromatics of coffee, brown sugar, concord grapes and toasted coconut. Our Guìyuán Dong Ding is a classic style produced using the traditional method of hand roasting over charcoal. Exposure to high heat gently changes the leaf sugar composition leading to a naturally sweet liquor.

About Steepster View company

This tea might be good for converted coffee drinkers, but is definitely not my kind of tea. It tastes and smells like a rather lightly brewed sweetened coffee. There is a little lingering fruit in the finish, but other than that, I’m only tasting coffee.

This is a really nice oolong. Just my style. It has a roasted, nut flavor with hints of coffee. I really enjoyed this selection from my steepster select box!

This tea has a bright oolong taste with the toasted notes underneath it rounding it out and giving it more depth than your traditional oolong. I’m always a big fan of toasted teas, including Genmaicha and this is an excellent addition to my collection.

I loved this tea. It was sweet and roasted like a brown sugar almond cookie with none of the “tininess” that I find most oolongs to have.

Not my favorite, way better than the karigane though. I like the other oolong that came in Select better.

Had it this morning and boy it was great! Heavy on the flavor.

Definitely a different Oolong taste I’ve ever tried. With roasted coffee taste aroma, strong enough but not too dark.

This is one of my new favorite oolongs. It’s very malty, like some of my favorite black teas but with more body.