Jasmine Pearl Select 2013

Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by ZachMangan

2 Images

• “well, this one was an accidental leftover from a past steepster box, and i don't even remember drinking it before...WOW, this is delicious! usually the chinese non-oolong greens underwhelm me, but...” Read full tasting note
    juliebeth 130 tasting notes
  • “An enjoyable, light, warm weather tea with delicate flavoring. I am not usually a fan of jasmine green teas because they can be overwhelmingly floral and perfume-y, but the jasmine was only a brief...” Read full tasting note
    tooch 17 tasting notes
  • “This tea is a great example of why I love green tea so much. Light, smooth, soft; it is phenomenal. The jasmine flavor gently lingers both during drinking and as a pleasant aftertaste. ” Read full tasting note
    sencha1127 106 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the best jasmine teas I have had. The flavor is quite delicate and easy to enjoy. The jasmine notes are sweet and mild, not too bright or "in your face" and they intermingle...” Read full tasting note
    ShiningLion 23 tasting notes

From Steepster

Picked from the Da Bai Hao cultivar, this high grade green tea is gently picked and hand rolled. The tea is then meticulously dried with fresh jasmine to impart its distinct floral aroma and flavor.

Fujian, China

About Steepster View company

well, this one was an accidental leftover from a past steepster box, and i don’t even remember drinking it before…WOW, this is delicious! usually the chinese non-oolong greens underwhelm me, but this? this is made of rainbows and light and sparkles and unicorns! yet, somehow it ISN"T overwhelming, it is a light light flavor, even if strong. like drinking sunshine filtered through spring green forest canopy onto a dappled forest floor covered in spring wildflowers.

yep, that’s exactly it. darned good stuff. now i need to figure out who made it and where i can get more, coz also? it’s like crack.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

An enjoyable, light, warm weather tea with delicate flavoring. I am not usually a fan of jasmine green teas because they can be overwhelmingly floral and perfume-y, but the jasmine was only a brief forward note that dissolved quickly into a slightly sweet citrus flavor. I was pleased with this tea and am excited to drink it again. 8/10

This is one of the best jasmine teas I have had. The flavor is quite delicate and easy to enjoy. The jasmine notes are sweet and mild, not too bright or “in your face” and they intermingle beautifully with the green tea, which is also quite light in flavor and on the sweet side, just a little bit vegetal. This reminds me of the Jasmine Snow Dragon White Tea from Shang Tea, mostly in the sense that the jasmine flavor comes through quite delicately and the tea itself has a light and clean flavor. This is not a really hearty green tea. It works very well. Simple and clean.

Flavors: Flowers

The final selection from this month’s Steepster Select box.
I used to drink a lot of jasmine pearl teas, & I find them adorable, & generally tasty. I don’t drink them often now, as I have to be in the mood for such a thing. So today we’re just sitting around in our PJs, watching back to back episodes of various shows we’ve gotten behind on (while we were watching every single episode of Supernatural except the current season), & drinking tea. I’ve been perusing tea sites & almost talked myself into buying another yixing, but I just closed the page…sigh…

This is a pleasant afternoon tea, lightly vegetal, gently mineral, & judiciously jasmine.
Here’s a youtube video showing somebody making jasmine pearls, for those who might be interested…

cryptickoi

where do you typically find your yixing pots?

Terri HarpLady

I bought the 3 I have from Mandala. They are basic, nothing fancy. Lately I’ve been looking at some other sites…really just daydreaming, if you know what I mean.

I absolutely adored this sample and was pleasantly reminded of how enjoyable jasmine can be when done right. This is one of the cleanest-tasting, pleasantly vegetal and floral green teas I’ve ever had. I’m normally not partial to a tea that’s so delicate, but this is a winner and I hope to buy a ton for my roommate and me once it becomes available for purchase on here. Great job this month, Steepster Select!

Flavors: Flowers, Grapes, Green Melons

So funny how we all taste so differently. Where others found the jasmine overwhelming (in both good and bad ways), I find this a pleasantly delicate jasmine, and I certainly do taste a vegetal green underneath. This is actually one of the categories where I’m still looking for my go-to tea, and this one would be a candidate. I usually look for something more assertive, but this just blends and balances so sweetly that I may have to keep it around.

I prepared this in tea ware that I could view the beautiful show of the pearls opening up and dancing to the bottom. The scent of the tea is just lovely jasmine all the way. You definitely must be in the mood for a floral type tea bc this is a real fragrant bouquet!!! I also taste a smooth touch of sweetness which is Lychee bc Lychee fruit is also a very floral tasting fruit.

I went into this tea thinking I would taste it and then get another cup of my usual tea bc floral tasting tea is probably lower down on my favorites list,,, but I have ended up drinking lots of this and in the morning too! So this one gets a good rating bc if you are in the mood for a floral tea, this is a very nice one to try!!!

From the Steepster Select box, February 2014

Flavors: Flowers, Gardenias, Lychee

I’m not an expert, this is my first rating but I thought it was okay

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

My third steepster box arrived this afternoon, so I blindly reached in and Jasmine Pearl was the tea I pulled out. I can’t say I’m a fan of Jasmine teas, but I thought I would give this a go. The first steep is overwhelmingly Jasmine, I can’t taste anything else. The second steep, is still overwhelmingly Jasmine. The third steep is a bit more astringent at the end, and I almost taste the tea underneath the Jasmine. I would not recommend this tea to someone who is not a big, big fan of Jasmine.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 0 sec 9 OZ / 266 ML