Jasmine Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves, Jasmine Flowers
Jasmine, Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers, Grass, Grapes, Green Melons, Gardenias, Lychee
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Buy Now

Available from Steepster.

3 Images

• “This one came my way from *CelebriTEA*. I love jasmine pearls when they are done well. The peals seem smaller than others I have tried. Could be my imagination. They smell lovely. The bottom of the...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1315 tasting notes
  • “I had half an envelope left of these 2013 Jasmine Pearls from Steepster Select, so I brewed up half a glass--twice. It was good. Definitely an above-average Jasmine-scented tea.” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1066 tasting notes
  • “(1st steep: 2 min) Still fighting a little bit of congestion, but the floral jasmine aroma cuts right thought any issues. The aroma and flavor are exactly what I would expect from a jasmine green...” Read full tasting note
    jbpowell78 61 tasting notes
  • “I'm back from the acupuncturist and decided to try this as my late afternoon/early evening tea. I believe this is from the February Steepster Select box. I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2392 tasting notes

From Steepster

Picked from the Da Bai Hao cultivar, this high grade green tea is gently picked and hand rolled. The tea is then meticulously dried with fresh jasmine to impart its distinct floral aroma and flavor.

Fujian, China

About Steepster View company

This one came my way from CelebriTEA. I love jasmine pearls when they are done well. The peals seem smaller than others I have tried. Could be my imagination. They smell lovely. The bottom of the unopened sample pack was not completely sealed. That may greatly affect this review. After steeping the leaf really expanded. Almost completely on the first steep. Tastewise this seems kind of metallic tasting. Otherwise the jasmine is very nice. The one question I have with the Steepster samples is what’s the point? I mean, if this were the most incredible tea I had ever tasted, it appears it can’t be purchased anywhere.

I had half an envelope left of these 2013 Jasmine Pearls from Steepster Select, so I brewed up half a glass—twice. It was good. Definitely an above-average Jasmine-scented tea.

(1st steep: 2 min) Still fighting a little bit of congestion, but the floral jasmine aroma cuts right thought any issues. The aroma and flavor are exactly what I would expect from a jasmine green tea. Much like spring captured in a tea. I have to agree with the tasting notes that this tea has a soft mouthfeel. I don’t think there is a better way to describe it. There are the usual floral notes that you would expect from a Jasmine along with the subtle grass flavor from the green tea. It is a well balanced and flavorful tea. As the tea has cooled, I am picking up what I can only describe as honeysuckle. I am looking forward to see how this tea evolves during the other steepings.
(2nd steep: 2 min 30 sec) There is still a strong floral aroma from the tea, but I believe I made a mistake increasing the steeping time. The tea has taken on a metallic aftertaste. Many of the flavors from the first steeping are still present including the honeysuckle. However, most of the pleasant notes are displaced by the metallic finish. I am going to attribute that metallic finish to my over-steeping the tea.

Flavors: Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers, Grass

I’m back from the acupuncturist and decided to try this as my late afternoon/early evening tea. I believe this is from the February Steepster Select box.

I have to admit I’m not the biggest fan of jasmine, but I do enjoy a good Jasmine pearl green tea every now and again. As far as jasmine teas go, this is very light and natural tasting and not terribly perfume-y. This has a light, sweet finish and a melon like flavor which is really reminiscent of a white tea. I don’t think this is the best jasmine pearl I’ve ever had but it’s enjoyable on this sunny afternoon. I think I’ll go in for a second steep.

p.s. this is also good with a bit of organic cane sugar

Backlog:

From my February Steepster Select box. I found the jasmine notes to be just right for me. I love jasmine, but I don’t like it when the jasmine essence tastes as though it came from an essential oil rather than the layering of the leaves with jasmine blossoms.

This is a cup of jasmine paradise. The jasmine is soft and sweet and melds beautifully with the green tea, which is light and subtly grassy.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/03/19/jasmine-pearl-select-2013-green-tea-steepster/

well, this one was an accidental leftover from a past steepster box, and i don’t even remember drinking it before…WOW, this is delicious! usually the chinese non-oolong greens underwhelm me, but this? this is made of rainbows and light and sparkles and unicorns! yet, somehow it ISN"T overwhelming, it is a light light flavor, even if strong. like drinking sunshine filtered through spring green forest canopy onto a dappled forest floor covered in spring wildflowers.

yep, that’s exactly it. darned good stuff. now i need to figure out who made it and where i can get more, coz also? it’s like crack.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

An enjoyable, light, warm weather tea with delicate flavoring. I am not usually a fan of jasmine green teas because they can be overwhelmingly floral and perfume-y, but the jasmine was only a brief forward note that dissolved quickly into a slightly sweet citrus flavor. I was pleased with this tea and am excited to drink it again. 8/10

This tea is a great example of why I love green tea so much. Light, smooth, soft; it is phenomenal. The jasmine flavor gently lingers both during drinking and as a pleasant aftertaste.

This is one of the best jasmine teas I have had. The flavor is quite delicate and easy to enjoy. The jasmine notes are sweet and mild, not too bright or “in your face” and they intermingle beautifully with the green tea, which is also quite light in flavor and on the sweet side, just a little bit vegetal. This reminds me of the Jasmine Snow Dragon White Tea from Shang Tea, mostly in the sense that the jasmine flavor comes through quite delicately and the tea itself has a light and clean flavor. This is not a really hearty green tea. It works very well. Simple and clean.

Flavors: Flowers

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 2 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

The final selection from this month’s Steepster Select box.
I used to drink a lot of jasmine pearl teas, & I find them adorable, & generally tasty. I don’t drink them often now, as I have to be in the mood for such a thing. So today we’re just sitting around in our PJs, watching back to back episodes of various shows we’ve gotten behind on (while we were watching every single episode of Supernatural except the current season), & drinking tea. I’ve been perusing tea sites & almost talked myself into buying another yixing, but I just closed the page…sigh…

This is a pleasant afternoon tea, lightly vegetal, gently mineral, & judiciously jasmine.
Here’s a youtube video showing somebody making jasmine pearls, for those who might be interested…

cryptickoi

where do you typically find your yixing pots?

Terri HarpLady

I bought the 3 I have from Mandala. They are basic, nothing fancy. Lately I’ve been looking at some other sites…really just daydreaming, if you know what I mean.