Soba Cha Deep Roast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 4 g 9 oz / 269 ml

2 Images

From Steepster

Soba cha (roasted buckwheat berries) is a caffeine free tisane drank in noodle shops in Japan. With an intoxicating aroma and slightly sweet, nutty brew, this is sure to become a favorite. GLUTEN FREE!

About Steepster View company

Ha, buckwheat tea. It tastes like buckwheat. Where are the noodles and onions? Maybe I will make some for dinner tomorrow night.

I am not entirely sure I can give a perfect review of this, as my brewing resources are rather low-tech (kettle, electric stove, mug). Amount is what is in the select package. I am sure my technique is poor.

Smells richly of a light coffee. Was not strong, but that is not a bad thing. To simplify the flavor profile, it tasted like a watered down coffee with nutty notes. It really did taste like a roasted grain/rice tea. I enjoy it, and think it would go well with a soup or rice dish or as a mild evening tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

When I first read the notes about the flavors in this tea, I didn’t think I was going to enjoy it at all. I was very pleasantly surprised how soothing the taste was and how much I liked the taste. It has a smooth flavor and makes my entire body feel good!