Earl Grey

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Buy Now

Available from Steepster.

• “Very good Earl Grey, not overpowering with bergamot. The tasting notes made me worry that I was actually getting a Lady Grey instead, but this tea isn't it. It's a very tasty Earl.” Read full tasting note
    mlkrahn 5 tasting notes
  • “oh, this is GOOD! it doesn't taste like the bergamot is somehow an artificial flavoring, which makes me happy. deep dark delightful tea underneath, holding up the floating lemony bergamot. just...” Read full tasting note
    juliebeth 142 tasting notes
  • “After five months of being a Steepster member, this Earl Grey tea remains one of my absolute favorites. Very strong with a hint of lemon. A luxurious aroma. ” Read full tasting note
    Shutterbug 12 tasting notes
  • “it's always relieving to have a delish earl grey! the bergamot really comes through where you want it too. I have to stick with having this tea with milk and either sugar or honey depending....” Read full tasting note
    Lovinmelia 3 tasting notes

From Steepster

This full leaf Ceylon black tea was sourced from a single estate and hand blended with pure bergamot oil from Calabria, Italy. We love how the refined body of the black tea mingles perfectly with the intoxicating lemony aroma of bergamot; an affordable everyday luxury.

About Steepster View company

Very good Earl Grey, not overpowering with bergamot. The tasting notes made me worry that I was actually getting a Lady Grey instead, but this tea isn’t it. It’s a very tasty Earl.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

oh, this is GOOD! it doesn’t taste like the bergamot is somehow an artificial flavoring, which makes me happy. deep dark delightful tea underneath, holding up the floating lemony bergamot. just love this stuff. i’d love to try icing it as well, but alas, i used up my sample.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon

it’s always relieving to have a delish earl grey! the bergamot really comes through where you want it too. I have to stick with having this tea with milk and either sugar or honey depending. Regardless the delicious flavor comes through and I think is accentuated and accompanied by the milk.

Flavors: Bergamot

Haven’t had Mr. G in years. Like many, had way too much inferior product that it shut me down. I then got into Yezi Tea and Yunnan Sourcing black teas and forgot all about Mr. G. I shared this generous sample with a work mate and we were both floored at how good it was. Well structured black tea with a precise amount of bergamot. I wish I could find this so when I offer my friends, with less sophisticated palates, a cup of tea they will accept Mr. G, as apposed to my “crazy” teas from China.

boychik

Agree. My friends don’t want any “crazy teas fr China”. They are happy with Kusmi

Angrboda

The amusing thing there is that by far the most of Kusmi’s tea comes from China. :)

Really nice cup of earl grey with solid bergamot notes and a warm savory finish. After telling one of my coworkers about it he mentioned his habit of brewing it with a rooibos tea … something I’ll have to try next!

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Lemon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A strong lemony good tasting tea

Flavors: Lemon

If you are into British teas, this is a true classic. Very good taste!

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy

This is my first proper cup of Earl Grey tea. I went straight from Lipton and Teavana to Yunnan blacks, Oolongs, etc. so I was very intrigued by the scent of real Earl Grey!! I also got a proper British style bone china teacup and saucer (bc all I had was Asian style tea ware) which I absolutely think is gorgeous and adds to the experience.
Origin: Sri Lanka
Dry Leaf: Black and twisted leaves with the scent of the Bergamot Orange oil
Method: 212F 1 tsp tea for 12 oz water steeped for 3 minutes
Wet Leaf: Cut with scents of the essential oil
Liquor: Smells of some light smoke and has a beautiful light orange color. Very clear.
Flavor: Light with touches of the Bergamot Orange oil that gives the tea a subtle citrus taste. This tea is meant to have milk and sugar if you like. I don’t ever add sugar but I added a splash of milk. How delicious when you do that bc this makes the citrus notes come to the forefront and blend into a creamy citrus tea. There is no astringency or bitterness in this tea so I am very pleased with my first experience with a true Earl Grey. Thank you Steepster!!!

From the Steepster Select Box; June, 2014

Flavors: Citrus, Citrus Zest

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A classic earl grey, the bergamot is natural and rich which adds a sweet lemon note. It is a pleasant black tea and not too strong. You can leave it longer on a repeat steep for a mellow but still floral cup.

Flavors: Anise, Bergamot, Lemon