Sencha with Matcha

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Buy Now

Available from Steepster.

From Steepster

This blend of first flush sencha and hand picked matcha was made by one of Japan’s most esteemed tea producers. The deep emerald color and intoxicating aroma landed this squarely
in our “must drink” category. Enjoy the best of Japan.

About Steepster View company

Steeps to a wonderful light green. (I transferred mine to a clear glass just to enjoy the color more.) The taste is layered from the initial greens (think salad/spinach) and seaweed to a lingering subtle sweet fruit-like melon quality. Pleasant and interesting.

Flavors: Melon, Seaweed, Spinach

First time ever having Matcha and it is delicious. I think I found my new favorite tea.

This tea was ok, but sencha isn’t my favorite. I liked the added matcha, but wished three was some toasted rice in there too. Would have made a pretty good genmai cha.

Super tasty! The combination of green teas makes this one really good. It’s thicker than just tea and more savory. I think that matcha makes it have a cool slightly cloudy green look. Only thing was that it seemed to suck up a lot of water while steeping leaving less than I thought I’d have in my cup. More water next time?

Origin: Uji, Japan
Dry Leaf: Lovely Sencha tea bathed in Matcha tea. This is cool looking and it smells like creamy Matcha. Very Green!!
Method: 2 tsp tea for 16 oz water in a classic oval teapot, Western style. 175F and steeped for 1.5 minutes.
Wet Leaf: Gorgeous, delicate classic green and chopped. Looks like fresh cooked chopped spinach or herbs.
Liquor: Beautiful After Dinner Mint green color. Scents of fresh cooked spinach and matcha.
Flavor: Light spinach and creamy mouthfeel. VERY delicious and satisfying green tea!! Absolutely no bitterness or astringency even when I brewed it Western style!! I usually brew delicate green teas like Sencha in a Kyusu with very short steeps to keep from burning them so I LOVE that this one seems to be protected by the Matcha and you can brew a nice big easy pot of this. I am enjoying a large pot with my little green tea type white cup so I am getting the convenience of Western brew but the beauty of my little Japanese drinking cup.
This is definitely a great tea that I would drink everyday at lunch time!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Steepster Select Box; June, 2014

Flavors: Cream, Spinach

Beautiful in the cup and the earthy flavors of green tea were clear and bright, the matcha adds a subtle citrus note.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Grass, Lemongrass

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Subtle, earthy flavor. I wish it had a stronger flavor. Good :)

I really enjoyed this basic sencha. The added matcha provided a nice color.

Flavors: Seaweed, Umami

Got this in the Steepster Select June 2014 pack and accidentally left the first steep for way too long but it was a real nice cup after all.

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML