No. 55 Lord Bergamot

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 oz / 261 ml

• “Home from my performances, I'm enjoying a cup of this. Although I'm not always a fan of bergamot, I am a fan of Steven Smith, at least of the teas from him that I have tried so far (plus, as I've...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2915 tasting notes
  • “Today while running around, I got to the point where a stop for tea was required. I could feel the beginnings of that lack-of-caffeine headache. Here in the Pacific Northwest, there is a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Yet another tea sachet sample from Steven Smith... in the interest of full disclosure I am generally not a fan of Earl Grey/bergamot based blends but I have to try it anyway... right? For a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 2 tsp Water: 212° filtered ~500ml Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (black, strong) Steep Time: 3 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes

From Steven Smith Teamaker

About this Tea
A flavor somewhat superior to traditional Earl Grey. Fragrant Ceylon Dimbulla and Uva are artfully combined with select teas from India’s Assam valley, then scented with the essence of bergamot from the realm of Reggio Calabria, Italy.

Ceylon Dimbulla, Uva and Indian Assam full leaf teas and natural bergamot essence.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

I liked that the steeping instructions on the box literally says to play some opera in the background. I played “the Diva dance” from the fifth element because that totally counts.

I like it. dark tea without the bitterness, nor an overwhelming taste of bergamot like so many earl grey teas have. very smooth and easy to drink. love it. will definitely try with some honey next time.
I steeped it to about 200 degrees Fahrenheit and steeped for 3 minutes rather than the 5 minutes recommended on the box and it tasted perfect for me. I would definitely drink this tea again. :)

Earl Grey is my favorite tea. That’s why my family bought me this lovely tea. I had tried it long ago, and couldn’t remember the name. Thank goodness for family giving it to me again! The tea leaves are of a better quality than that of other “Sacheted” teas. The aroma of Bergamot was quite strong as well. However, the brewed tea itself was not very strong, and was actually weak. Aside from this, the tea was well rounded, not very malty, and over all a mild-tasting Earl Grey. I would get this tea again, however, it is not my favorite Earl Grey.

Drinking the last of this sample from Terri. Thanks, again, Terri. This was super tasty. And I followed the instructions to the letter, regarding the playing of opera in the background, while the tea is brewing.

Yesterday’s two cups were accompanied by “Faust” and “La Boheme,” respectively. Today’s cup is accompanied by “Le nozze di Figaro.”

Spencer

Got so caught-up in the music that I forgot to take the infuser out of the tea until eight minutes into the brew.

Cup from last night. Made it latte style with tiny bit of maple syrup. While it was good I probably had craved something else. If only I knew…

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

Hate when that happens

boychik

Right. Also my water is different now since I’m in PA. Nothing beats NYC tap water.

This smells pretty much like Earl Grey to me, which is totally fine, but it meant I got out the almond milk to splash in it before even brewing. Without, bergamot tastes super soapy to me.

Anyway, with a bit of almond milk, this was fantastic. I could taste the tea, bergamot, AND almond from my milk (something I really enjoy, and why I buy almond milk in the first place). Win.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Found a sample sachet of this, and since I’ve seen some Steven Smith reviews floating around lately I decided to give it a try.

First off, a little background info.

Earl Grey is my first tea love. It’s my go to if I need to drink a bag in public (like at a work conference or something, for example), and I don’t think I’ve met an EG I haven’t enjoyed. Not that I LOVE them all or anything, but they are easy to please me.

Anyhow, all that to say – this might be the very best non cream Earl Grey I’ve ever had.
The base is so delicious, it’s rich and smooth and silky and flavorful. The bergamot is perfect.

I added milk like I always do with EG and it was the very thing that I wanted to drink at that exact moment in time.

I do indeed foresee a Steven Smith order in my future, I’d love to be able to try some more sometime before I order! The Bungalow and Assam intrigue me especially.

They’ve been added to my future shopping list!

Dustin

Oh! I think I tried this tea at a local shop recently! Didn’t get a chance to log it or look it up, but I remember it tasting good.

whatshesaid

Oh yeah, delicious

Very nice bergamot flavour. It is distinct, but unlike some of the bergamots I’ve tasted, this one doesn’t smell like some cheap but concentrated cologne. It smells sweet and fresh and mellow. And it tastes likewise.

This tea did not have as much bergamot as I would like. I know many don’t like bergamot but I have become totally addicted to it. I would choose Double Bergamot and a few others that go heavy on the bergamot. All in all, a nice tea but nothing for a bergamot lover to get excited about even though it is named Lord Bergamot.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 9 OZ / 266 ML

A bold but not too strongly flavored Earl Grey. Not typical, even down to the name. This was a sample, I need to get some loose leaf to try it out.

This tea is a variation of earl grey, and it’s great. It’s simultaneously less bitter, but stronger than most of the other earl greys I’ve had.