No. 55 Lord Bergamot

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 oz / 285 ml

• “Home from my performances, I'm enjoying a cup of this. Although I'm not always a fan of bergamot, I am a fan of Steven Smith, at least of the teas from him that I have tried so far (plus, as I've...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2491 tasting notes
  • “Today while running around, I got to the point where a stop for tea was required. I could feel the beginnings of that lack-of-caffeine headache. Here in the Pacific Northwest, there is a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “Yet another tea sachet sample from Steven Smith... in the interest of full disclosure I am generally not a fan of Earl Grey/bergamot based blends but I have to try it anyway... right? For a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 2 tsp Water: 212° filtered ~500ml Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL (black, strong) Steep Time: 3 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes

From Steven Smith Teamaker

About this Tea
A flavor somewhat superior to traditional Earl Grey. Fragrant Ceylon Dimbulla and Uva are artfully combined with select teas from India’s Assam valley, then scented with the essence of bergamot from the realm of Reggio Calabria, Italy.

Ceylon Dimbulla, Uva and Indian Assam full leaf teas and natural bergamot essence.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

I liked that the steeping instructions on the box literally says to play some opera in the background. I played “the Diva dance” from the fifth element because that totally counts.

I like it. dark tea without the bitterness, nor an overwhelming taste of bergamot like so many earl grey teas have. very smooth and easy to drink. love it. will definitely try with some honey next time.
I steeped it to about 200 degrees Fahrenheit and steeped for 3 minutes rather than the 5 minutes recommended on the box and it tasted perfect for me. I would definitely drink this tea again. :)

Earl Grey is my favorite tea. That’s why my family bought me this lovely tea. I had tried it long ago, and couldn’t remember the name. Thank goodness for family giving it to me again! The tea leaves are of a better quality than that of other “Sacheted” teas. The aroma of Bergamot was quite strong as well. However, the brewed tea itself was not very strong, and was actually weak. Aside from this, the tea was well rounded, not very malty, and over all a mild-tasting Earl Grey. I would get this tea again, however, it is not my favorite Earl Grey.

Very nice bergamot flavour. It is distinct, but unlike some of the bergamots I’ve tasted, this one doesn’t smell like some cheap but concentrated cologne. It smells sweet and fresh and mellow. And it tastes likewise.

This tea did not have as much bergamot as I would like. I know many don’t like bergamot but I have become totally addicted to it. I would choose Double Bergamot and a few others that go heavy on the bergamot. All in all, a nice tea but nothing for a bergamot lover to get excited about even though it is named Lord Bergamot.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 9 OZ / 266 ML

A bold but not too strongly flavored Earl Grey. Not typical, even down to the name. This was a sample, I need to get some loose leaf to try it out.

This tea is a variation of earl grey, and it’s great. It’s simultaneously less bitter, but stronger than most of the other earl greys I’ve had.

Definitely for the lover of bergamot.

A very balanced Earl Grey. Soothing, elegant, ideal for sipping and enjoying slowly while relaxing. Almost no bitterness and very light on the bergamot.

In general I rather dislike bergamot, so was quite surprised to learn that I really enjoyed this brew. It’s smooth and mellow with a citrusy nose and a slightly sweet finish. The assam is definitely in there, but is not overpowering and gives the cup staying power.

Not recommended for resteep.