No.96 Jasmine Silver Tip

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “This tea became a good friend of mine over the past few days while I had the flu. It really was comforting, and because I could keep resteeping, I didn't have to do a lot of work when it came to...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes
  • “Second tea of the morning.... (SRP #9) (Loose leaf version) From my foodzie box from LiberTEAS. I still have a ton of samples in that box. At least another 12, and I am sure I have tried close...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “I really like this tea a lot. It does not turn bitter no matter how long I keep the sachet in and the one’s who know my reviews by now, know that I keep the sachet in the whole time I am enjoying...” Read full tasting note
    MacchaMan 54 tasting notes
  • “I completely agree with the previous comment that it does not turn bitter. I also leave my sachet in a long time (both when I ice it and when I drink it hot) and it tastes great the entire time. ...” Read full tasting note
    caitlins 1 tasting notes

From Steven Smith Teamaker

ABOUT THIS TEA
Delicate, tender green tea leaves from China’s Fujian Province are harvested each May and steam-fired to maintain their flavor – then placed amid just- picked jasmine buds, which open slowly to share their fragrance. Many call it the perfect marriage.

INGREDIENTS
China full leaf green tea scented with jasmine blossoms.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

This tea became a good friend of mine over the past few days while I had the flu. It really was comforting, and because I could keep resteeping, I didn’t have to do a lot of work when it came to brewing another pot of it.

This is definitely one of the nicest jasmine teas out there.

Kittenna

I was thinking a jasmine would have been a good choice for me to brew up since I’ve also been sick, but by the time it occurred to me I was already on my way to bed.

ashmanra

Okay, you have pushed me over the edge! I keep looking at this at A Southern Season and The Fresh Market, now I have to buy it!

Second tea of the morning…. (SRP #9)

(Loose leaf version) From my foodzie box from LiberTEAS. I still have a ton of samples in that box. At least another 12, and I am sure I have tried close to 10. It has been very fun!

This is definitely Springtime in a cup. It is light, floral, and slightly sweet all on its own. I have to admit that the few things I have tried from this company have been stellar. The jasmine does not overpower the green tea base, and it is just relaxing.

It has been great to get kind of a feel for the quality before diving into a purchase because there are no samples available except for a variety pack of bagged teas, and the shipping is a little steep. I do feel his prices on loose leaf are pretty good, especially for the quality. I know there will be an order to this company in my future. I do have access to a few bagged teas locally, but I am pretty fond of loose leaf, and it just seems like a better value.

Mug method at about 175 for 2 minutes. No additions.

I really like this tea a lot. It does not turn bitter no matter how long I keep the sachet in and the one’s who know my reviews by now, know that I keep the sachet in the whole time I am enjoying my cup of tea.

Taste: It is a very pleasing and satisfying cup of Jasmine green tea; the blending is spot-on, top-notch. You appreciate the essence of Jasmine without overpowering the green tea. The green tea itself is very fresh, not too vegetal, strong or astringent. I would most highly recommend this tea and the brand…this is truly a Premium tea purveyor!

Boiling 8 min or more

I completely agree with the previous comment that it does not turn bitter. I also leave my sachet in a long time (both when I ice it and when I drink it hot) and it tastes great the entire time. Every other jasmine tea I’ve had turns bitter if I over steep it. With this one, I don’t have to worry.

As far as I’m concerned, as long as tea is fresh you can never go wrong with Jasmine Pearls. And Steven Smith was no exception. This tea was wonderful.

But the real reason I’m writing this review is because I loved the packaging. It is spot-on for the look and feel of tea as far as I’m concerned. And since they back up the packaging with a beautiful product, I’m a huge fan!

I enjoyed this a lot. I steeped it three times, and each time it did not become bitter. The jasmine is present but not overwhelming, and has a nice green crispness to it that most greens have to me. I will definitely have to check out more by this brand for my teabag needs!