No. 2/14 - Lover's Leap

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

From Steven Smith Teamaker

A delicate, fragrant marriage of high grown Ceylon tea from Lover’s Leap Tea Estate, coupled with pink rose petals from China, hand-sorted chamomile blossoms and subtle citrus flavors. Complicated and delicious — just like love.

In Nuwara Eliya, Lover’s Leap is legendary for delicate teas — and the steamy passion of the star-crossed young prince and his lover who leapt from the top of the tea garden’s waterfall to express their undying love. Bottoms up.

Ceylon and Indian black teas, pink rose petals, chamomile petals and natural citrus flavors.

For best flavor, bring freshly drawn filtered water to 200 degrees. Steep five minutes, or about 400 heartbeats.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

1 Tasting Note

I am in love … with this tea!

Oh my goodness. Steven Smith never fails to exceed my expectations. I’m actually all giddy about how good this tea is.

The black tea base is brisk and moderately astringent, well-rounded but not too aggressive. Mellow. Medium-bodied and delicious. The rose adds only a barely-there hint of flavor to the cup: I can taste rose, but it is ever so subtle. The chamomile doesn’t add a lot of flavor to the cup either, but I don’t think that the blend would be quite the same without it. The citrus is the strongest flavor just after the flavor of the black tea itself, but it still has a light crispness to it. It is bright and gently sweet and so delightful.

I am in love.

TeaEqualsBliss

Oddly…I haven’t had any or much from this company!