Citrus, Honey, Malt, Raisins, Apricot, Astringent, Molasses, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From Steven Smith Teamaker

Named after one of the most beautiful cities in Sri Lanka, Kandy brings together full and flavory Dimbulla with highly aromatic and intense Uva and lightly scented high-grown Nuwara Eliya. A tea made for sipping with pleasure all day.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

Full-flavoured, nice colour. My wife, being a big Ceylon fan liked it better than I did, though it was pleasant enough. Well rounded, classically astringent and very drinkable.

Thanks so much scribbles for this sample in our last swap! I like Ceylon tea, and this is a great blend. Through the tea pyramid you can still get a great sense of honey, malt and citrus. I highly recommend following the directions exactly.

Actual review here:

Flavors: Citrus, Honey, Malt, Raisins

This was a bonus sample from scribbles. Mine is in sachet form. The leaves inside are black and somewhat thin, and surprisingly not very broken. Dry scent is sweet and malty with hay and molasses notes. I let my sachet steep in 8 ounces of 200 degree water for 3 minutes. The string escaped into the cup, harumph!

This one is pretty “meh” in my opinion… The main flavor of it is generic black tea, and I don’t know how else to describe that. It’s somewhat malty and quite astringent, especially as it cools. There is a bottom note of molasses-like richness, and a touch of dried apricot-like fruitiness, and these help to balance it a bit. Still not very impressive for me.

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Malt, Molasses, Tea

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh cruel alarm! Dragging this poor body into wakefulness. I do not approve!
So much to do today, I’ll be moving quite briskly through the day.
A serious tea, is therefore required, to drink this.
Kandy is a strong black, but not an obnoxious black. Good and strong, but subtle and easy to drink as well. I approve.