Herbal Tea
Hibiscus, Rosehips
Edit tea info Last updated by Alma

From Steven Smith Teamaker

The cabernet of hibiscus teas. We join luscious red hibiscus with Indian sarsaparilla, ginger, pink rose petals, and elderflowers from Europe. Deep red, complex, nuanced and caffeine free, this tea almost needs a corkscrew.

About Steven Smith Teamaker View company

I picked up a sampler of Steven Smith Teamaker teas to give a few a go, and getting home late in the evening, this was the first I’ve had a chance to try. I don’t normally love hibiscus. It’s something I have for the color more than the tea, but in this case I quite liked it. The flavor profile shifted as the tea cooled, and I enjoyed it throughout the cup. Looking forward to the next evening that requires something herbal!

Big Hibiscus comes to you with a very odd smell in the bag. Initially you get the lush, rich hibiscus to be sure, hung with the accents of elderflower and rose like a particularly favored courtesan. Yet there’s this strange mustiness that you just can’t shake off. It’s the fault of the Indian sarsaparilla, most likely. In the cup–which yields a very seductive wine-y liquor–this off smell dies down and you can discern more of the ginger. (Mm, ginger. Smith has definitely caught on to how ginger goes well with everything.)

What a punch! In every sense of the word. This courtesan has some wild proclivi-teas, and she’s more than ready to show you how it’s done… Full review: http://snooteablog.com/2013/07/23/snooty-tea-review-steven-smith-tea-round-3/

You have to really love hibiscus to enjoy this tea – the name does not lie, it is certainly big. 1 sachet can make a whole pot of tea in fact. I love hibiscus and Steven Smith brings out the flower’s tart cranberry flavors.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rosehips