Yunnan Golden Tips

Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

• “Chinese black tea frightens me because it either tastes like mouldy dirt, cigarette ashes, death, or all of the above. But I actually enjoyed this one! I found it mildly malty, with just the...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From t Leaf T

This rare, high grown, golden tippy Yunnan is one of the most prized Chinese teas in the world. Very smooth and malty with pleasing floral overtones and a tinge of citrus. It has a spicy character and a bouquet reminiscent of cocoa.

About t Leaf T View company

Chinese black tea frightens me because it either tastes like mouldy dirt, cigarette ashes, death, or all of the above. But I actually enjoyed this one! I found it mildly malty, with just the tiniest edge of ashiness. I could quite happliy drink an entire pot, go the Yunnan!

takgoti

What do you mean, you don’t like tea that tastes of death?

DEATH TEA OR DIE!

Teaman

I love Chinese black teas, especially Yunnans and Keemuns. Have you tried a Keemun Hao Ya “A” or “B” grade or an Imperial or Grand (both a little lower grade than A or B but can be very nice as well?) I think you refer to the Russian Caravan or Lapsong Soushong teas that are smokey… very smokey. A friend refers to it as “fireman’s tea” ha! I don’t care for them either that much.

Miss Sweet

I can’t stand russian caravan or lapsang! The smokiness creeps me out. I’ve tried tleaft’s Keemun which I found very coppery, similar to a broken leaf Ceylon. We only carry a tiny range of chinese black teas, but theres probably a Keemun out there that I’ll like! Thanks for your recs :)