Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

• “I have only had chai once before and it was a very strong smelling chai with turmeric and black pepper in it. The aroma didn't appeal to me but the flavor but was better than I expected. I highly...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “I was drinking this one yesterday afternoon while it rained. I was planning on rating it then but got caught up talking to friends on skype. This is a really well balanced chai. It has nice...” Read full tasting note
    sandragon 60 tasting notes

From t Leaf T

A spicy black tea with the tastes of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, star anise, ginger and a hint of pepper. Try brewing with milk or soy milk and add a touch of honey.

About t Leaf T View company

I have only had chai once before and it was a very strong smelling chai with turmeric and black pepper in it. The aroma didn’t appeal to me but the flavor but was better than I expected. I highly prefer the seasonings in this chai by t Leaf T. I drank it without additions this time, but next time I think I will take Sandy’s advice and try it with a little honey and milk. Good Sunday afternoon tea!

This is a really well balanced chai. It has nice dark leaves, clove, cardamom, pieces of ginger. I didn’t have any whole star anise in this pot but the flavor is there. It is very fragrant dry and after brewing. It is a rich deep orange steep and takes milk and sugar well.

I was brewing a large pot (1L/33oz) so I ended up using 4 tsp of this tea and 1 tsp of a ceylon because I enjoy this tea and i am trying to conserve it bit. It didn’t make any difference to the flavor as when I have brewed it uncut before.

I find it pretty similar to Tazo but less peppery. A very enjoyable tea.