Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by T2 tea

From T2

The classic full-leaf Sri Lankan tea. The T2 version uses attractive, long twisted leaves that produce a medium-bodied, bright copper infusion. With hints of sugar cane and sweet sultanas, a light touch of tannins provides a clean, brisk finish. A versatile staple that’s perfect for all-day drinking with or without milk.

About T2 View company

The first time I tried this tea was in a Dessert Cafe called Lapres Midi in Melbourne, and I had no idea back then that “Orange Pekoe” just referred to a grade of black tea. I thought it tasted like a very subtle golden blossom-y flavoured tea of some sort, which paired perfectly with the rich desserts that we tried. I was so shocked to find out that it was actually just a medium-bodied, full-leaf graded black tea!
I actually really love it, it’s like my daily staple now. I like that it’s not too strong so that it’s a nice, easy tea to have every day, and due to the lightness – it’s fine to have with or without milk. Because the leaves are big, you can steep them directly in the cup and they’ll just sink nicely to the bottom. It’s a beautiful light black tea!

This is a solid Sri Lanka black tea. From what people tell me, it’s the sort of tea that tastes and smells just like what the most people think a black tea ‘normally’ tastes and smells like. I quite enjoy it with chocolate, biscuits, or anything sweet to calm the astringency.