Gen Mai Cha Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by aquaprofunda

• “This is my first ever Gen Mai Cha, so T2, please take criticism with a grain of salt (or rice?). This was interesting. I could taste the sencha, it was soft and a bit sweet, but not overly...” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “So essentially this is Sencha Sprinkles without the Sprinkles... still nice and toasty but missing the "oomph" that comes with the matcha in the Sprinkles. Happy to have some on hand, though - and...” Read full tasting note
    memily 313 tasting notes
  • “Lovely nutty rice flavour, combined with more delicate sencha flavour. Great for having with food, or when you want a hot, flavoursome drink that doesn't even skirt near rich/strong.” Read full tasting note
    aquaprofunda 8 tasting notes

From T2

A hearty and wholesome blend of quality sencha leaves and roasted brown rice. A bright yellow infusion produces delicious toasty aromas with grassy, hearty, roasted nut flavours. Filling, satisfying and comforting, this is the green tea many Japanese restaurants serve to accompany meals.

About T2 View company

This was interesting. I could taste the sencha, it was soft and a bit sweet, but not overly powerful. I could also clearly identify the rice, it tasted roasted, almost like slightly overcooked popcorn kernals. I didn’t get a popcorny taste.

I’m unsure about this one, it was pleasant enough to drink, but didn’t wow me. Again, unsure if its gen mai cha, or T2’s gen mai cha. Definitely warrants further testing! (Which I’ll be able to do very shortly, as I type staff are unpacking stock in the soon to be opened store in my city. Just in time for my birthday! I think my brain might explode – a real, proper tea store without having to fly anywhere!!!)

So essentially this is Sencha Sprinkles without the Sprinkles… still nice and toasty but missing the “oomph” that comes with the matcha in the Sprinkles. Happy to have some on hand, though – and maybe I’ll experiment with adding some matcha to it!

Lovely nutty rice flavour, combined with more delicate sencha flavour. Great for having with food, or when you want a hot, flavoursome drink that doesn’t even skirt near rich/strong.