China Jasmine

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ReeceLyne

From T2

Our version of the classic Chinese green tea is mellow and refined. A blend of green tea with jasmine blossoms produces a light yellow infusion with a full-bodied jasmine scent. Floral flavours initially dominate but are tempered by a hearty earthiness and a brisk, fresh finish. A popular green tea, great for every day drinking.

About T2 View company

The super sweet scent of this in dry form actually enticed Hubby to have some with me during dinner tonight! I mean, it really is very sweet-smelling, and Hubby’s got a very big sweet tooth. It was nice to have with Korean bulgogi tonight, but maybe the actual sweetness of the marinade overtook the sweetness from the jasmine aroma so I noticed more of the bitterness in the tea this time. Still enjoyable and a nice change from the usual iced tea with dinner, but I’ll try another tea with Korean next time. Sencha worked well before; maybe Genmaicha Sencha next.

gmathis

I had to look up bulgogi, but it sounds very good!

I just used up the last of this the other day. The dry leaves are attractively twisted and the jasmine aroma is good. This is my go-to everyday jasmine tea. It’s refreshing and flavoursome, and difficult to brew wrong – one of the few non-black teas I am relatively confident about ordering in a cafe or restaurant. I think it’s best brewed with slightly cooled water, but boiling water won’t completely ruin it. It cold-brews nicely too. Not the highest quality jasmine out there but for the price it’s pretty good.

Interestingly this was one of the only 2 teas I could stomach early in my pregnancy (the other one being T2 chai) when I was constantly nauseous and couldn’t drink tea !

This is my absolute favorite tea. I have the very last of it in my teapot right now! I have always loved green teas, they’re possibly my favorite variety, and China Jasmine is a beautiful blend. It still has the full flavor of more potent varieties (like gunpowder green, my old favorite!) but it’s less full on. The Jasmine compliments the flavor beautifully, and I find it to be a light, delicate version of green. Aesthetically, the leaves themselves are nicely twisted, and unfurl nicely in the pot. The aroma is pleasant, and reflects the delicate nature of the tea. I often drink several cups at a time of this, whereas I find some green teas get too bitter and strong to continue drinking if you don’t finish them quickly enough. China Jasmine is easy to brew, with boiling water not spoiling the flavor (although brewing it correctly is advised, of course.), and all around it is a difficult tea not to love!

Despite the package copy, there’s nothing subtle about this tea. Not that it isn’t delicious, but it’s not easy to drink more than a cup at a time.

Plain jasmine tea, nice but not as good as a Chinese restaurant variety. Not ethically sourced. Curled leaves are nice as they steep very strong. 80 degrees brewing temperature.

I drink this every day. Probably for breakfast, lunch and dinner :)
At first I was a little hesitant about this tea because I’m not really a big fan of green tea (I always used to drink brown rice green tea instead) but then after a few cups this tea really grew on me!!! Now I’m like craving for some everyday :-) It has a mellow yet distinct flavour and aroma but it’s still very gentle and easy to drink! And also great with greasy meals because it really washes away that oily taste very well.

There is a lovely little tea cafe/bar in Melbourne that I visit from time to time. Once of the most exciting parts is that they serve cocktails with tea in them. One of my favourites was the Gin & Tonic is Jasmine Tea, I fell in love with it almost instantly. Sadly it’s a little pricey to go there all the time just to have one cocktail, so my friends and I made our own version.

Jasmine tea + gin = amazing

China Jasmine + gin = heaven

Mix about five or so teaspoons of this into your preferred brand of gin, and you have one of the most amazing drinks you’ll ever taste. The harsh edge of the alcohol is washed away, and replaced with the lovely scent and subtle taste of the Jasmine tea. It is heaven in a glass.

Leave the China Jasmine in the gin for at least a day before drinking it, the leaves slowly infused over time. I prefer to leave the tea leaves in the gin, so as you make your way through the bottle the flavours change slightly, bringing a new taste every time.

Iced 0 min, 15 sec

This tea is excellent.

I’ve gotten fanatical about jasmine teas (not reflected in reviews because lately I’ve been reviewing teas on paper scraps, but they will be on Steepster later), and what I’ve noticed is that some lack the freshness of taste that really makes a good jasmine tea delicious, which is a real shame. This tea does not. It’s fresh, heady, and makes a thoroughly good iced tea. It’s almost a bit perfume-y, but that gives the impression that it’s fake tasting or excessively strong, which is isn’t. I don’t know how they’ve achieved this strength of jasmine flavour without making it taste perfume-y in the negative sense. It’s balanced very well. It’s the best jasmine I’ve had, and I’m now so glad that I have a big pack of it in this hot weather.

I have something like eight or ten more jasmine teas on the way to me from Upton Tea Imports, and another bag that I got from a critically praised tea shop in Sydney, so my mind might change, but at the moment, this is the best to me. It’s just so damned good, and when mixed with a little freshly squeezed orange juice makes an iced tea to die for.

I drank like a litre of this out of a mixing bowl from the freezer today, after having drank a giant three-cup mug of it earlier. I’m not even ashamed of those facts.

I was reluctant to buy this and the other (Melbourne Breakfast) T2 tea that I got, because T2 doesn’t offer sample sizes, and I didn’t think buying full-sized boxes of chain store tea would work out well, but in this case, my reservations have been really unfounded.

When I’ve been buying/ordering tea lately and there’s been so many jasmines, a tiny part of me has thought, “Do you really need to try more jasmines? Can’t you have too much jasmine?” This tea has simplified the answer: NO!

So delicate and refreshing. I love the smell and the way it warms me with its beautiful blossom aroma