Choc Chip Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasty
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm not normally I chai fan, but this somehow manages to be zesty and smooth at the same time. And it's good and strong! Put three teaspoons in a pot and you can pour water in it for hours.” Read full tasting note
    Patrick H 11 tasting notes
  • “Love it. Very smooth and nice like all chai. T2 recommend having half chai and half milk with a touch of honey for traditional Indian chai. It's really soothing. The longer you leave it, the better...” Read full tasting note
    Nola 1 tasting notes
  • “A slightly different but gorgeous chai tea. Overall, I tend to like it stronger, and will on occasion just leave the tea at the bottom of the mug whilst I drink. Excellent with a touch of soy milk...” Read full tasting note
    WulfiePhrenic 4 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from *missB* i figured i should try some of the chais, she and others have sent me or i'll never get to them until the fall lol Chai tends to be more of what i want in the winter than...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5236 tasting notes

From T2

Our classic Chai blend of black tea with cloves, star anise, sweet cinnamon, ginger and orange peel and delicious cacao bean pieces provides a distinctive, warm chocolaty aroma with nutty nuances. Slightly softer spices makes this a comforting and silky smooth winter winner.

About T2 View company

I’m not normally I chai fan, but this somehow manages to be zesty and smooth at the same time. And it’s good and strong! Put three teaspoons in a pot and you can pour water in it for hours.

Love it. Very smooth and nice like all chai. T2 recommend having half chai and half milk with a touch of honey for traditional Indian chai. It’s really soothing. The longer you leave it, the better and stronger.

Excellent with a touch of soy milk and honey, as pretty much all chai teas are.
I tend to love this tea morning to early afternoon, as it gives a slight energy kick.

Another tea from missB i figured i should try some of the chais, she and others have sent me or i’ll never get to them until the fall lol Chai tends to be more of what i want in the winter than summer. Although, some of these days i should make it traditional style and then ice it…that might be delicious!

Anyway, i didn’t get much chocolate from this one but that might have beendue to the ration of things in the sample. Instead i had a relatively pleasaant cup of chai tea that had just a little more star anise than i would normally want, but was still tasty. I wish id though to add just a bit of cacao shells to it but it didn’t occur to me until after.

thanks missb!

The best loose-leaf chai I have had yet. I swear by it. I have tried lots of other chais, but this one is the best. A lovely smokey sweet blend with a lot of spice but not too hot.

Bex

Have to be careful though, to brew enough of it or it is tasteless. I made that mistake a couple of times, and once I didn’t have the water hot enough. It was awful. But if you brew it with at least two heaped teaspoons of the stuff in your infuser, you will be okay. Make sure you don’t just put the spicy bits in, you need the tea leaves too. Some of the spicy bits are big so you don’t get enough actual TEA. Other than that, its grrreat!

Choc Chip Chai is my favourite chai at the moment! :)
For any Max Brenner fans out there, this is the chai that they use to make their White Chocolate Chai!
I love to recreate my own version of the White Chocolate Chai by brewing 1/3 cup of concentrated chai tea, and frothing up 2/3 cup of hot milk to add to the brew along with a teaspoon of honey, about 3-5 little squares of white chocolate (depending on how sweet you like it) and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Heavenly Winter goodness!
I also like this Chai on it’s own with milk. Sometimes if I’m bothered I steep the tea directly in a pan of milk over the stove. It takes about 10 minutes for the flavours to really infuse with the milk, but it’s so creamy and delicious if you ever have the time. And then add some rice malt syrup!
To me it’s got a wonderful balance of spice and and a subtle sweetness, although I usually add more than the recommended scoop of tea just to have more of a strong flavour.
But yes, love love love this! :) Especially that it’s not that syrupy/excessively sugary powder chai that used to have so much of before. Perfect cup of comfort :)

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasty

Ahhhhh. I am so very satisfied with this chai.
It’s winter here in the land of Australia and T2 has cleverly launched their Chai project in time to warm us up from the inside out.
Balanced and smooth with a bit of a kick, the cocoa has a subtle presence and blends very well with the spices and orange zest.
Steeped four minutes in a teapot and added vanilla soy. Wanted it stronger so I placed the infuser back in the pot and I’m just letting it sit there now.
Can’t wait to try brewing it over the stove next time

2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML
TheTeaFairy

There’s nothing like the warming feeling of chai :-)

This smells strongly of cardamom, and tastes mostly of it as well. While I like cardamom, it makes the tea too drying for me, way too drying. Zero chocolate as well, which really blows considering T2’s other flavored blends are quite yummy.

As I may have mixed this poorly before steeping, I’ll try again and leave the rating off for now.