Terrific Toffee

Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

From T2

Terrific? What’s not to love about T2’s caramelly carnival of rapture in a cup. A winning combination of black tea, with nutty nougat makes for a toffee tea treat like no other. It’s a sweet pick-me-up to get you through a long afternoon, or a saintly alternative for sweet-toothed chocolate addicts. Lush just as it is, or add milk for an even creamier and dreamier brew.

Brew:1 teaspoon per 200mls. Brew 2 – 3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: Hot.

Ingredients: Black tea, nougat bits (sugar, glycose syrup, almonds, honey, egg white, natural vanilla) and flavour. CONTAINS EGG AND NUTS (ALMOND)

Enjoy: With milk if desired.

About T2 View company

Sunday mornings are busy with getting the family ready for church, but tea is still a necessity. This was one of the teas that started me on the tea lover’s path. Made with milk and honey, it’s just a sweet, easy, no-thinking-required tea. But it’s actually been two or three weeks since I’ve had this one because I’ve been so involved with sampling new teas, primarily premium “straight” teas. So, sadly, this feels thin today. I’m enjoying it enough, but I suppose I can expect my senses to develop like this so that I kind of “grow out of” some of these teas. That definitely doesn’t mean that I won’t make it again. I could never discount a tea, especially an old favourite, because it just didn’t stand up on a single occasion!

Edited to add: Ok, it has been a little bit of time since I last made this. I obviously forgot how little milk I used to add. Fixed that on this last cup. Much better, can taste the tea more now, and back to not having to think about it. The way a Sunday morning should be.

Beautiful and subtle. First cup was made a little weak so be careful with the amount of milk.

So this tea really smells amazing. It smells like toffee but there is also almost a candied cherry smell lingering somewhere in there too. It also tastes quite like it smells which is definitely a good thing.

Its quite strong tasting, which is what i like in a sweet, creamy tasting tea. Im really enjoying this.

I’m down to my last scoop of Terrific Toffee, and can’t bring myself to use it. I prepare it with a dash of milk, preferably Vanilla Soy Milk, and a generous helping of honey, yet I find that it lacks depth. The toffee flavour is so subtle that it can be hard to pick up on it, yet like most flavoured black teas, if it is brewed for too long, the black tea will overpower the flavour anyway and can result in a bitter brew.

Some teas zing you, some teas zap you, but this one, this one is like a lullaby. A warm, rich lullaby with hints of chocolate and sticky date pudding. Instead of honey, try sweetening it with dark palm sugar, called gula melaka. You can get it in an easy-pour bottle and it adds depth without overpowering the tea, like honey sometimes can.

mmm another one from MissB I’ve had a very non productive day today. We got up late, the drain was clogged and then my other half left me to go to a bachelor party for our friend. I’ve been looking at vacation plans and all of a sudden it’s nearly 6pm. this was a tasty treat this afternoon – similar to toffee from DF, but just a little different. Overall a nice cup of toffee tea :)

MissB

And easier to get, even if it’s also around the world!

I agree with the other reviewer that this has a definite note of candied cherry. In fact, I personally taste about 3.5 parts candied cherry to 1 part toffee. It is a very sweet tea on its own and nicely balanced with some milk but I wouldn’t add sugar. Tea base could have more structure, but it tastes exactly as it smells which is actually somewhat impressive for a flavoured tea. Dessert fans, this is for you!

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

I had this tea as a sample at one of the stores, and enjoyed it. It’s warm, tastes like caramel and has a rich, vanilla undertone. However, I felt this tea lacked a little bit more substance and structure. I wish this tea had more spice, so that it could be a little more interesting.

I liked this tea and thought that it would make a good addition to an afternoon tea or dessert collection. I think milk would dilute the body of this tea, so honey, sugar or black would be the best choice to bring out the flavours.

Love to mix this with chai and brewed with soy milk

A sweet start to the morning – have to drink quickly or it becomes bitter.