Strawberries and Cream

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by RubenClark

• “Was quite underwhelmed by this one. The smell was amazing, but the taste did not match my expectations once brewed. Couldn't place my finger on the problem, but thinking it might be the yoghurt...” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “Not sure how I feel about this tea. It smells AMAZING but tastes mediocre. I was expecting a really creamy-tasting tea, but in reality it's very tart. In the store I was tossing up between...” Read full tasting note
    vampiraxx 5 tasting notes
  • “Strawberries and Cream is a sweet tasting fruit tissane. It tastes of strawberry (there really is no cream taste to it) and by itself is not overpowering or sickly sweet, instead it has a light...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes
  • “the smell of this tea is to die for! if i could, i would eat it! it just didn't work very well as a drink for me though. but worth giving it a go!” Read full tasting note
    banarnacle 4 tasting notes

From T2

An absolute dessert delight. A gorgeous blend of hibiscus petals and rosehips with apple, strawberries and yogurt brews a beautiful red infusion with a bright, sweet aroma. A velvety sweet sensation with a crisp, tart finish. Fruity and floral, this is a refreshing breeze on a summer’s day. One of our most popular fruit tisanes, strawberry fields are indeed forever.

About T2 View company

Was quite underwhelmed by this one. The smell was amazing, but the taste did not match my expectations once brewed. Couldn’t place my finger on the problem, but thinking it might be the yoghurt drops. These work much better in something like DavidsTea’s southern belle than this one. Won’t repurchase.

Winter Salo

My Mum doesn’t like Strawberries & Cream either – you might want to try Strawberry Sensation by T2 it’s not my cup of tea because it’s not as sweet as Strawberries & Cream and lacks the ‘creaminess’ but I find people are searching for a strawberry tea really like it. It’s quite nice iced too.

TassieTeaGirl

Might have a look! t that one when I’m next at my local T2 stockist. Thanks!

TassieTeaGirl

So I tried this again (can’t say I give up easily!), iced this time, and I think I’ve worked out my issue. Its the hibiscus. I usually like it in teas, but I think this time its wildly out of proportion with the strawberries. Will try Strawberry Sensation when their store opens in my city next weekend!!!

Not sure how I feel about this tea. It smells AMAZING but tastes mediocre. I was expecting a really creamy-tasting tea, but in reality it’s very tart. In the store I was tossing up between fruitalicious and strawberries and cream. There was a free taster for fruitalicious, and I thought it tasted really nice, but the girl told me strawberries and cream was ‘creamier’ tasting, so I decided to give it a go. I wish I had purchased fruitalicious now…. this tea is way too tart for my liking.

Strawberries and Cream is a sweet tasting fruit tissane. It tastes of strawberry (there really is no cream taste to it) and by itself is not overpowering or sickly sweet, instead it has a light almost refreshing taste. It is closer to a soda drink than a herbal tea as it has no lingering after taste.

It makes a desert in itself if had warm, but is really best enjoyed icey-cold – it is satisfying, healthy and deliciously refreshing. If making as an ice-tea you should leave to infuse for a minimum of 30 minutes preferably overnight in fridge. It is well complemented by T2 Turkish Apple (dissolve in boiling water) with strawberries and cream to infuse, this is a really lovely ice-tea.

the smell of this tea is to die for! if i could, i would eat it!
it just didn’t work very well as a drink for me though. but worth giving it a go!

TassieTeaGirl

I had a similar reaction. After similar reations to some DavidsTea teas by other steepsterites, I think its a too strong an emphasis on hibiscus that is doing the damage. I think it would be much nicer if they changed the hibiscus/strawberry ratio.

I received this as a gift but unfortunately found it difficult to finish the box… Although it smells lovely, the artificial strawberry taste is too reminiscent of the horrible cheap pink lip gloss I remember from my childhood.

I’d herad good things about this tea from friends, so I decided to try it.
It smelt and looked abseloutely wonderful, but the taste wasn’t so great. I found it to be a little sickly, even though I didn’t add any sweeteners… I’ve made one pot of it, and probably won’t be making another. ):