Turkish Apple

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by RubenClark
Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 17 oz / 500 ml

• “I've got a quiet night to myself. Husband is out for a couple hours, kids are sleeping, and I've already passed my caffeine limit for the evening. The nice tang of this lets me have something sweet...” Read full tasting note
    devvyleys 63 tasting notes
  • “The other half has been having this iced quite a bit and is loving it. Very easy to do - just add the 'tea' to the bottom of a glass/mug. Pour in about 1/3 of a cup of boiling water to dissolve,...” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “Although doubtful about its claim to the title of "tea" due to the fact that it is brewed by dissolving the sugary concoction into some boiling water, I have to admit that drinking Turkish Apple is...” Read full tasting note
    RubenClark 12 tasting notes
  • “Turkish Apple is a refreshing tang drink, sweet whilst still giving off a crisp tartness, it makes a truly delicious iced tea in the heat of summer as the tang satisfies even the most hard earned...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes

From T2

An all-time classic, this is the traditional version of the national drink of Turkey. Very sweet and chock full of crisp, crunchy apple flavour, conventionally served hot but fantastic iced in summer. Refreshing, delicious and very moreish.

About T2 View company

I’ve got a quiet night to myself. Husband is out for a couple hours, kids are sleeping, and I’ve already passed my caffeine limit for the evening. The nice tang of this lets me have something sweet and light that’s also warming on this cool night. I really can’t feel ever guilty about Turkish Apple.

The other half has been having this iced quite a bit and is loving it. Very easy to do – just add the ‘tea’ to the bottom of a glass/mug. Pour in about 1/3 of a cup of boiling water to dissolve, then add ice. Stir and wait for it to melt a bit and enjoy! Its quite tasty iced, a bit less tart than the hot option. Will be enjoyable drinking this over summer.

Although doubtful about its claim to the title of “tea” due to the fact that it is brewed by dissolving the sugary concoction into some boiling water, I have to admit that drinking Turkish Apple is quite an enjoyable experience. I would not, however, have purchased my own supply of it, had it not been for a discounted T2 Fruit Stack in which it was contained, along with Citrus Punch and Strawberries and Cream. Overall, pleasant either hot or chilled, Turkish Apple is a light, simple and sweet drink.

greycardigan

OMG RUBENNNNNN!!!!!

RubenClark

Honestly, I would expect dissolution from a “You’ll Love Coles” product…

Turkish Apple is a refreshing tang drink, sweet whilst still giving off a crisp tartness, it makes a truly delicious iced tea in the heat of summer as the tang satisfies even the most hard earned thirst. Warm it is sweetly tart and very nice.

It is really best used as an accompanier to other teas or tissanes – T2’s Just Rose rose buds heighten the tartness and make the flavours really stand out from the sweetness – very very nice iced. When added to strawberries and cream it balances out the sweetness to give a refreshingly crisp after-taste.

Truly an ‘essential’ tissane to any collection.

I was being impatient and didn’t want to wait for tea to steep so I made this instant treat and iced it. It is sweet and juicy and tastes like apple juice. T2 suggests lemon with this and I can definitely see how this would improve the cup as it would cut the sweetness just a touch. Still, it is a pleasant cuppa so thank you Memily for sharing with me.

I love this tea so much. You can drink it piping hot or let it go cold, it’ll taste great no matter what. And it’s ideal for when you’ve forgotten your tea strainer!

Nice as an addition for my berry based iced teas. I can’t stand the very very sweet taste on its own, but certainly is essential in summer for me.

This is a multipurpose comfort tea for me – today it’s at work. I love that I can brew a cup hot, get distracted, forget about it, and still enjoy it cold later, unlike many teas.

Turkish Apple is okay as a hot, sweet drink, but is so much better as an Iced Tea. Mix with peppermint and enjoy in summer!