Arctic Fire

Apricot, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “I love the name of this tea - the word "Arctic" conjures up the image of Northern Lights! I knew it would be a beautiful tea even before I tried it! I had a hot cup of this in a cold morning in...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 302 tasting notes
  • “At my first cup, I like the refreshing mint aftertaste and the black tea is solid, only there's a bubblegum flavour in there somewhere I haven't quite warmed to. Will try again though. An...” Read full tasting note
    Patrick H 11 tasting notes
  • “This, like most T2 brews, smelt scrumptious but tasted pretty lacklustre. The soft minty aftertaste was this tea's saving grace, and I enjoyed it the most when it was lukewarm, rather than piping...” Read full tasting note
    pebblegosling 4 tasting notes
  • “This was a surprise stand out for me. I just grabbed a black tea from the box of samples from MissB and went with it. This was what I grabbed and I was pleasantly surprised with it. I couldn't tell...” Read full tasting note
    lolainred 107 tasting notes

From T2

Description:
A fruity and spicy blend that is mysterious and ethereal. Cornflower blossoms combine with black tea to produce a floral infusion with gorgeous apricot and peach flavours and a grapefruit bite. A light to medium-bodied brew that wakes up winter and is stunning in summer when iced.
Brew:

1 teaspoon per 200mls. Brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

About T2 View company

I love the name of this tea – the word “Arctic” conjures up the image of Northern Lights! I knew it would be a beautiful tea even before I tried it! I had a hot cup of this in a cold morning in Geelong, Australia. It was just like a fire in the Arctic… so warming and comforting that it made me forget about the chilly weather. The fruity flavour was pronounced but since it came from flavouring, there was no tartness in it at all. The fruity and floral notes complemented each other and I absolutely enjoyed both. The dreamy fragrance was simply hard to forget!

At my first cup, I like the refreshing mint aftertaste and the black tea is solid, only there’s a bubblegum flavour in there somewhere I haven’t quite warmed to. Will try again though. An interesting and unique tea if nothing else.

This, like most T2 brews, smelt scrumptious but tasted pretty lacklustre. The soft minty aftertaste was this tea’s saving grace, and I enjoyed it the most when it was lukewarm, rather than piping hot or cold. When steeped for longer than three minutes the light fruity flavours were completely overpowered by the standard black tea taste, so I’d stick to a brief steep time for this one.

It’s not a particularly well balanced tea, unfortunately – the delicious fruity smells translated disappointingly and I couldn’t find any real trace of spice.

All in all, not terrible, but not brilliant either – the aftertaste is quite unique and lovely, but otherwise it’s just a good smelling, average tasting black tea.

This was a surprise stand out for me. I just grabbed a black tea from the box of samples from MissB and went with it. This was what I grabbed and I was pleasantly surprised with it. I couldn’t tell you what exactly I tasted in it, though subtle fruity flavors were there for sure. I drank this with breakfast this morning, so all the flavors sort of mingled and did not give me a good picture of the subtleties of this tea. I just know that I really liked it! Can’t wait to have another cup!

DeliriumsFrogs

ooooh! I’ve got this in my MissB box, as well! I haven’t tried it yet, but now it’s moved to the top of my list. :)

DeliriumsFrogs

(MissB is so wonderful, isn’t she…..)

lolainred

yes! She is wonderful! I was so overwhelmed when I opened the box she sent me… so much goodness to try.

I know! Same here! :)

This tea has fruity and floral notes with a mint aftertaste that I can’t quite get used to. This one is not for me, I think. I’ve tried it hot and chilled and I definitely prefer it chilled, but fairly weak and with a shot of vodka :)

So… this is one weird tea. It brewed up a really light orange, and I wondered if it was a black. It is. I smell something apricot-ish, yet my tastebuds tell me it’s more strawberry than anything. My lips are burning from I-don’t-know what. It’s got a hint of creaminess to it, and there’s a definite floral edge as well. I wish the burning would stop so I could figure out if I like it or not, but I suspect there’s some sort of strawberry flavoring and thus my reaction. Refraining from rating this one.

Suziqzer

Bummer on the strawberry… sounds like an interesting one otherwise.

MissB

I’m going to set some of this aside for you Suziqzer, because it says right on the box it’s meant to be enjoyed iced, and I can see you really digging it.

Suziqzer

The Hubby is really enjoying my adventures w/cold steeping. He takes a Mason jar of tea with him every day to work. I haven’t found anything he won’t drink cold steeped yet, and he’s loving the variety as I’m using up samples that we’ve already tried hot. :) I’m trying them too, but it’s still cool in the house where I spend a lot of my work time right now so I’m not as inclined to drink it down yet like he is.

MissB

So cool! I love getting the whole family in on the tea-drinking bonanza.

I go into my T2 store weekly even if its just for a sample or a chat with the staff. Each time i go i ask them to forward back my request for Arctic Fire to be promted to the “Big Tin” size. Why you ask such devotion? Arctic Fire is the most underated gem of the T2 range. Fruity with a electric minty backtaste is best appriciated by under rather than overbrewing. Also let it cool of a minute or two before that 1st sip. This elixir hints at fruity grapefruit and subtly spiced apricot & peach. The more you brew by the more the cornflower will develop the mint over the fruit. This brew is worth the time to experiment to get the best out of it. Please grab a sample and try it.

Flavors: Apricot, Peach

Memily

Right, I can’t overlook that recommendation! Will grab some next time I’m in store…

I adore this tea. It has a deep, bold, black tea base with a minty flick. I generally add honey, but I also fancy it black. It’s my steady, go-to tea when I can’t decide what to drink – it’s full-bodied like a winter evening, but light enough to never be bitter. It’s not particularly sweet, and that’s what I like about it, but the cornflowers make it smell wonderfully floral.

It’s very distinctive, a tea I can alway recognise, and I’ll never say no to a cup.

Beautiful and refreshing, a pleasant fruity fragrance and a smooth, almost minty aftertaste.
Warming in winter but also light enough to be enjoyed in summer. Although i wouldnt drink it daily, it is definately a tea worth having on my shelf.