White Rose

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Winter Salo

From T2

One of the all-time classic combinations. Delicate white tea is blended with pretty rose petals for a floral and wonderfully sweet-scented sensation. Often served in traditional Chinese tea houses, the rose blends harmoniously with the white tea’s downy buds and darker leaves. Preserving the refined nature of the tea, flowers add delicate sweetness that lingers from start to finish.

About T2 View company

I love this white tea with rose it makes for such a delicate tea that to me it is the perfect afternoon tea to accompany something sweet as the tea itself is so light with no lingering aftertaste allowing you to really savour what you are eating along with it.

I was disappointed when I opened the packet to see so much ‘dust’ and very chopped up leaves but in saying that it hasn’t distracted from the taste and it still delivers a very beautiful cup of tea.

The taste is of a very, very light tea – no bitterness, only a small amount of grassiness and an overshadowing of crisp rose. I enjoy the first infusion of this tea and prefer to start over again if I ever finish off a teapot but I find it lends itself to protracted drinking and I can make a teapot of this tea last a good hour, I also don’t find I’m put off if I let it get lukewarm which is handy as I have a tendency to really drag out my drinking of this.

It is one of T2’s more expensive teas but they often have it for sample in store in the summer months – I think because it’s such a light tea – so I’d recommend keeping an eye out for it.

White rose tea is the tea that got me drinking tea and this is a good white rose tea so I really recommend giving this to a friend who has yet to turn to the tea-side. :)

Sampler, yum! Yum. Yes. Delicious. Not quite as rosy on the second steep, but still lovely.