Blue Mountain

Tropical
Edit tea info Last updated by Tina S.
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “In an attempt to work through a bunch of my teas to clean up the cupboard a bit, I tried this one as my breakfast tea. I added half a teaspoon of sugar automatically and on first sip really wish I...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “At first I thought this would be similar to Melbourne Breakfast, due to the vanilla aroma. However, this is a lot lighter and less sweet, much better for drinking on it's own. I wouldn't drink it...” Read full tasting note
    Zadam 8 tasting notes
  • “I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. It tasted slightly tropical and similar to yesterday's (Black Rose) in the sampler. It feels almost like a lighter version of yesterday's tea.” Read full tasting note
    teaNsympathy 64 tasting notes
  • “I tried this tea for the first time today, and my tasting note follows on with the rest - do not sweeten this tea, it is very sweet on its own. While I found it passable, with the vanilla adding a...” Read full tasting note
    lyddie1231 52 tasting notes

From T2

Description: One of the all-time classic black teas. Up front vanilla gives way to defined ripe fruitiness that lingers on a delicate sweet finish. Velvety smooth and with a scenic outlook, this provides a burst of flavour for an afternoon break or a sweet treat.

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve:
Best black, but can take sugar and a dash of milk if desired.

Flavour:
Fruity, Vanilla

Strength:
Medium

Ingredients:
Black tea, cornflower blossoms, flavour

Enjoy:
Versatile for any time of day, this is great in the afternoon or with a decadent dessert. Match with chocolate, cakes or scones for a view to contentment.

About T2 View company

In an attempt to work through a bunch of my teas to clean up the cupboard a bit, I tried this one as my breakfast tea. I added half a teaspoon of sugar automatically and on first sip really wish I hadn’t. This is a naturally sweet tea, extremely so, and now it is too sweet. There are definite vanilla notes here, and I can sense something possibly fruit like as well. Overall a nice cup, but not a black for first thing in the morning, and definitely not one that I’ll be sweetening again.

At first I thought this would be similar to Melbourne Breakfast, due to the vanilla aroma. However, this is a lot lighter and less sweet, much better for drinking on it’s own. I wouldn’t drink it every day, however, it is very pleasant and is a fairly regular tea for me.

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. It tasted slightly tropical and similar to yesterday’s (Black Rose) in the sampler. It feels almost like a lighter version of yesterday’s tea.

Flavors: Tropical

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I tried this tea for the first time today, and my tasting note follows on with the rest – do not sweeten this tea, it is very sweet on its own. While I found it passable, with the vanilla adding a smooth, creamy texture, the artificial flavours were unpleasantly noticeable in this tea.

The body of the tea was fine, the cornflowers added a nice minty acidity to balance out all the flavouring, but I feel this is a poorly constructed tea. With more herbs, spices or flowers this easily be a favourite of mine. However, it will probably not be a regular tea and end up drifting to the back of my cupboard. I liked this tea, it was drinkable, and I might have it again, but I might not.

This tea should be brewed for no longer than three minutes, and now after tasting I see why – the artificial flavours would become too strong and totally overpower the tea. This tea is definitely not for everyone, I’m not saying don’t try it, I’ve certainly had worse, but I’ve certainly had better, too.