Toasty Nougat

Fruit Tea
Creamy, Fruity, Marshmallow
Edit tea info Last updated by eskimosoap

From T2

This creamy golden liquor is positively dreamy, with warm notes of almonds and caramel that defy delicious. A refreshing burst of sweet apple seals the deal. On ice, the nougat nuttiness is even more pronounced – just when you thought it couldn’t get any better.

About T2 View company

I found this quite bland no matter how long it steeped. All I seemed to get was warm sugary water.

I’m a bit dissapointed with this tea. I thought it would taste like how it smells. Turns out, only the smell is good. It taste a bit bland no matter how long I steep. I thought I made a mistake during the steeping but it’s just bland. The ‘soury’ taste of the fruit didn’t goes well with the ‘creamy’ smell to me.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Marshmallow

marie_angeline

I had the same experience, I feel like Toasty Nougat would be a great additional ingredient to another black, oolong or rooibos tea maybe… but not as great as a stand alone tea

Right, I went back in for round 2 with this guy this evening, using some of my cherished Blueberry Blush to complete this recipe: http://www.t2tea.com/recipes/blue-nougat-2/ but at a one-cup scale, so I had a heaped BB and around 3/4 TN.

Still not winning me over. Something bad-tart came out in this mix.

As it’s cooling it’s becoming a lot more palatable but the recipe has it served hot, so I did what I was told. No sweetener either—I can only imagine how much more bad-tart this would have turned with the addition of some lemon as recipe-suggested!

Two more recipes/chances, Toasty Nougat.

Andrea Stephens

I found toasty Nougart a complete letdown unless it was iced & even then the quantity you needed to use was kind of outrageous for what was essentially a “mixer”. in the end i divided the rest of my box between toasty oolong and my chai mix. I was a bit surprised that they had recently upgraded TN to “the big tin” along with the likes of Geisha Getaway, Terrific Toffee. Someone must be using it and loving it…

Memily

Very weird that it’s in the big tin! I’m gonna try the other two recipes from the website and also try it iced, though it’s a bit silly that a blend called “toasty” is better iced. Tsk. Such a shame because it SMELLS divine.

I was initially disappointed in this tea, which even after a long steep proved wishy-washy. However, my opinion has now changed as i have stopped having it hot and use it cold over ice the the taste is actually at its best, and as a “mixer” with other blends like “Just Ginger” which make brilliant combination brews, out of what is really a very ordinary stand-alone tea.

I find the other reviews confusing on this product. My experience has always been that it is so creamy and sweet that I can only tolerate 1/4 of a cup. It’s somewhat of a ‘novelty’ tea for me, and I bring it out when I want to share something different with friends. A conversation starter if you will, because of its such unusual creamy taste.

i really love this tea. i was though, expecting a greater flavour, but I still really enjoy it. I haven’t yet tried it iced, but I will definitely try it when spring hits

The reason why I purchased this was because it smelled absolutely amazing in store.
I had not tried fruit teas previously so was not sure what to expect but I had a somewhat positive experience with this.

The taste is very light, regardless of how long you steep it, which is not something I particularly like. I find myself actually eating it straight from the tin rather than drinking it. This would be more appropriate in warmer weather as an ice tea so I’ve left it in the back of the cupboard in favour of T2’s Autumn.